Want an AR? Live in a Nazi Republik?

This is a discussion on Want an AR? Live in a Nazi Republik? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I read this article the other day, I think it was in Shooting Illustrated. It was about the Remington 7615. Available in tactical; Model 7615™ ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Want an AR? Live in a Nazi Republik?

I read this article the other day, I think it was in Shooting Illustrated.

It was about the Remington 7615.

Available in tactical;

Model 7615™ Tactical

and non-EBR:

Remington Model 7615™

It is a pump-action rifle chambered in .223 and accepts standard AR-15 magazines. You can also fit some rails to it and have some fun with optics, lasers, lights and all that fun stuff. They do say not to use them with poly mags though, so stick to the metal ones.

It ought to [whizz] off all of those blue states too!

Not as quick as an auto loader, obviously, but still pretty quick. You can probably actually buy these right now too. If they aren't too pricey, I think I might pick one up, can't hurt to have one. Looks like there are a few of them on gunbroker for under $500, tempting....

I didn't know such a beast existed. Interesting...
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

VIP Member
    IIRC, it was designed for small LEO departments that wanted a rifle in AR caliber but did not have the budget to buy EBRs
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Correct. ^^

It debuted two years ago, and also as it has the same manual of arms as an 870 shotgun they are marketed as being good for reducing potential of LEO error toward NDs and such.
    And as they do not look like an AR but like a shotgun they thus won't and don't scare towns folk who approve agency funding.

It's a pretty darn novel idea.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

They seem a bit pricey. But still kinda cool.

Administrator
    I think I'd rather save a few more Peso's and buy an AR, but if its your only option due to your elected officials I guess it would work.
    "Just blame Sixto"

BAC
    I played with one in Bass Pro this last weekend. It was a neat little gun. Mag changes are next to impossible, and the sights are atrocious, but my simple mind is fascinated by rifles patterned after shotguns.

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

This was preceded by Remington 760 gamemaster that came in multiple calibers. This is not a new novel idea, the 760 came out in 1952.
    check out link.
    Firearm Model History - Remington Model 760 Gamemaster

I have a 760 in .30`06. Does quite a number on deer I might say. Great gun, practically indestructible. Will not jam either ;)
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

Understood Raevan and aside from the 760 there have been other pump/slide action rifles as well like the famous 'Lightening' too.

My point though is it's a novel idea to run with a pump/slide action carbine chambered in .223 supporting AR mags to work around the negative view of ARs (assault rifles) by the public and the purchasing fund approvers.

And yes LEOs had in the past used pump/slide action carbines for years, but as of current modern times they very much tend not to.
    Good on Remington to recognize a need and develop/redeveop a niche product to help LEOs out.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

BAC
    Wait, the Remmy actually takes AR mags? Their website doesn't specify, but if it does they'd be considerably easier to reload than the factory 10-rounders. Not easy, exactly, but easier.

-B

BAC,

I'd already known this but their website says so in the side bar;

"Don’t worry about taking that extra shot, every Model 7615 comes standard with a ten-round magazine and accepts aftermarket AR-15 magazine boxes"
    Source - Remington Model 7615

It'll take any AR15 magazine and comes with shorty ten rounders.

- Janq

BAC
    Ah, cool. I didn't look in the sidebar, just the description underneath. Either way, it doesn't give you a very big mag well to work with. Still, better than nothing. I'd like to see how a 7615 stacks up against an 870 or Mossy 500 with sabot rounds in terms of accuracy, penetration, and terminal ballistics to see if it's worth purchasing a .223 rifle in a pump configuration or worth just buying different types of shotgun rounds and saving up until one can procure ARs.

-B

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    .............And as they do not look like an AR but like a shotgun they thus won't and don't scare towns folk who approve agency funding.

It's a pretty darn novel idea.

- Janq
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I think I'd rather save a few more Peso's and buy an AR, but if its your only option due to your elected officials I guess it would work.
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    Ah, cool. I didn't look in the sidebar, just the description underneath. Either way, it doesn't give you a very big mag well to work with. Still, better than nothing. I'd like to see how a 7615 stacks up against an 870 or Mossy 500 with sabot rounds in terms of accuracy, penetration, and terminal ballistics to see if it's worth purchasing a .223 rifle in a pump configuration or worth just buying different types of shotgun rounds and saving up until one can procure ARs.
    I believe Sixto & Janq hit it right. These are close enough in price to a bone stock AR that if you have the choice, I'd save an extra month or two for the AR. But, if you live in a city/state where you can't own an AR because it's one of those evil black rifles, this is a good alternative.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links