AR 15s and Harleys

AR 15s and Harleys

This is a discussion on AR 15s and Harleys within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; With the discovery of left handed rifles, and my fear of Hillary winning the election(now you know why I avoid the dog track), I'm about ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: AR 15s and Harleys

AR 15s and Harleys

With the discovery of left handed rifles, and my fear of Hillary winning the election(now you know why I avoid the dog track), I'm about 8 months into AR ownership. So lately, I've been paying a lot more attention to AR chatter on this site.

I've noticed a parralell between ARs and Harleys. Everyone that has one swears it's the greatest thing ever, then immeadiately starts swapping parts, and modifying them. Am I the only guy here with a stock AR?
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

I have a stock RRA tactical entry,my other AR's,1 was built around a match barrel and 2 were kit guns that I added RRA 2 stage triggers to
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Mines stock...

.........for now anyway
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Distinguished Member Array C9H13NO3's Avatar
    It's not that everyones swapping because the parts aren't good...it's just to make it...yours. I ride a motorcycle, and I do the same thing to it (only then its usually just performance parts because it's a sportbike).

The AR is an extremely versatile platform that can be customized to your needs. Is a collapsing stock better than a regular stock, or vice versa? No. But I change from sitting, to standing, to prone a lot, and like to be able to make it fit just right. Of course, it's not as good as a club, and maybe the slight movement makes it a little less accurate for precision shooting. I think it's a great rifle in its stock form, but I also have the ability to make it perfect for what I will be using it for.
    -Ryan

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing.

Best explaination for your question.......

:haha
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Why are people changing out things on their other firearms? As the previous poster said, to make them yours.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Mainly to change out parts you need or want to have on your rifle. Having a railed forend lets you put a light on it or other parts.

Mine is an RRA Tactical Entry as well, with an eotech 512, surefire quadrail with covers, bi-pod, and coming soon surefire tactical light.
    Parts is Parts. it aint yours till you make it that way :-)
    Guns, Harleys & Rock and Roll.

Lead Moderator
    My Stag LH M4 is stock except for the short HG rail attachment.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Distinguished Member
    Have a DPMS, and it's stock, or well that depends on if you count a scope as a modification or not????

Z
    An ounce of lead is worth 200lbs of cop.

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    With the discovery of left handed rifles, and my fear of Hillary winning the election(now you know why I avoid the dog track), I'm about 8 months into AR ownership. So lately, I've been paying a lot more attention to AR chatter on this site.

I've noticed a parralell between ARs and Harleys. Everyone that has one swears it's the greatest thing ever, then immeadiately starts swapping parts, and modifying them. Am I the only guy here with a stock AR?
    Can't do much more than that with a Harley, since they sit in the garage most of the time anyway. Harley's are to look at, the others are to ride.

I think with AR's it's sometimes more about affordability for some of us, versus other priorities. You can first afford the basic set up, then add on what you really wanted when you can afford it. That's one advantage of AR's. LOL... I have the lower assembly, stock, etc. ... now I just have to work on being able to get the rest.

I have a couple of low dollar scopes that I can slap on mine. And I did add a $20 or so mount for either a light or a laser to my carbine. My H-Bar, I have a cheek piece I can put on it for when I use the scope. Other than that it looks G.I.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    Can't do much more than that with a Harley, since they sit in the garage most of the time anyway. Harley's are to look at, the others are to ride.
    Ooops...I might oughta have mentioned I've ridden Harleys for quite a while. And it's heavily modified, and sitting in the garage. Only because the wind speed is higher than the temperature.
    I'm not a lawyer or a LEO, just a pantload with a computer.

Lead Moderator
    No Harley for me , I got a cheap dual sport Kawi instead.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Quote Originally Posted by ICTsnub View Post
    Ooops...I might oughta have mentioned I've ridden Harleys for quite a while. And it's heavily modified, and sitting in the garage. Only because the wind speed is higher than the temperature.
    I used to. I went to the other side.... LOL. Obviously, I ride too (see avator). Love it. There used to be no weather except actual snow & ice on the ground that could keep me from riding (after I got divorced )... however, the last 2 yrs I've been staying home in the really cold weather more often.

I don't care what anyone else rides .... any more than what kind of gun they own... own and shoot the one you like, as long as it shoots, and if you like to ride... ride whatever suits you.

But, I couldn't pass that up. It seems there are a lot of people who "think" they'ld like to ride, buy a Harley, then it sits in the garage for the next 3 yrs..... such a waste. I think I've seen more garage Harley's than any other bike (a real shame).

Doing mods on my bike(s), was one reason I hadn't gotten the AR yet, but now I'm working on the AR .... thanks Obama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links