Defensive Carry banner

It's Official HK is Marketing New Civi Rifles...

3K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  srfl 
#1 ·
Heckler&Koch

HK to make new rifles in U.S. facility

Columbus, Georgia, January 15, 2009 - Firearms maker Heckler & Koch announced today that it will manufacture two new rifle designs in a newly opened US factory in 2009. The new rifles, the MR556 and MR762, are inspired and influenced by the HK416 and HK417, two highly acclaimed models designed and produced by Heckler & Koch’s Oberndorf, Germany plant.

The rifles will be produced at a new HK manufacturing facility in Newington, New Hampshire. The facility is co-located within an existing 70,000 square foot facility. HK began manufacturing pistols in the U.S. facility in late 2008.

"We’ve reached a major milestone in our objective to establish a production presence in the US," said Wayne Weber, executive vice president of the US business unit of Heckler & Koch. “The new HK45 pistol is the first HK product officially ‘Made in the USA’. It is our goal to strategically transfer production of select HK products to the U.S., with the HK45 Compact being the next product to come off the U.S. production line and shortly thereafter, the MR series rifles.

“It is our intention for all US-made HK products to equal the quality and reliability of the products made in Germany,” Weber added. “By establishing American-based manufacturing, we can compliment our German production and ensure that HK can be more competitive in the U.S., and comply with U.S. government contracts requiring US manufacturing. HK products made in the USA will be fully compliant with federal solicitations giving preference to domestically produced products. Additionally, it will provide a boost to the U.S. economy by creating more opportunities and business for many of our U.S. subcontractors and suppliers.”

The MR556 and MR762 models, caliber 5.56x45mm and 7.62x51mm rifles respectively, will be produced at the Newington facility from American and German made components. To comply with German government regulations, certain design changes were made in the rifles to make them adaptable to the American commercial sporting market.

The semi-automatic MR series rifles use an HK-proprietary gas piston operating system recognized for ultra reliability and will have German-made cold hammer forged barrels. These are some of the same key features critical to the success of the HK416 carbines used by leading US and foreign law enforcement and military customers. The HK416 is widely viewed as a leading candidate in a possible competition to replace the U.S. military’s current M4 carbine.

About Heckler & Koch

Heckler & Koch is the world’s premier small arms systems company and a major supplier to global military, law enforcement agencies, and legitimate civilian sport shooters. An innovative leader in design and manufacturing, Heckler & Koch provides technologically advanced firearms, logistical support, training, and specialized services with the highest standards of innovation and reliability. Heckler& Koch’s well-known range of weaponry includes the MP5 submachine gun, the USP series handguns, the MP7 Personal Defense Weapon, the G36 weapon system, the HK416/HK417 series carbines and rifles, and most recently the HK45 and P30 series handguns.

For further information, please contact:
Heckler & Koch
Tel: 703-450-1900 X 226 in the U.S.
pr@heckler-koch-us.com

Heckler&Koch

Heckler&Koch

See less See more
#3 ·
It might be to little to late for them. The "assualt rifle" cash train has already left the station. Besides, I'm sure I can have a heck of a down payment on a new truck for the MSRP of one of those rifles.

#4 ·
I can see me owning one of these.:comeandgetsome: They know there entering a tough market, I bet the price won't be that bad.

#8 ·
Considering it's going to be directly competing with the $2k+ FN SCAR, and it is H&K, what do you think the odds are of any reasonable pricing?

Oh, SIXTO, they'll sell to cops for something like $1200. I don't know if that's the whole rifle or just the upper, so you'd have to call their friendly customer service to check.

-B

#10 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.