Vepr 5.45x39

Vepr 5.45x39

This is a discussion on Vepr 5.45x39 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Well, I went to a gun show today, in a high school of all places.. The purpose of my trip was not to buy, we ...

Thread: Vepr 5.45x39

Vepr 5.45x39

Well, I went to a gun show today, in a high school of all places..

The purpose of my trip was not to buy, we just don't have money available in our budget, but instead I was looking to offload a shotgun.

After several hours wandering around, I found a table with other shotguns and approached the vendor. After chatting together we decided to trade the Shotgun for a VEPR AK chambered in 5.45 X 39.

This gun is immaculate, blemish free and if the vendor can be trusted has only had a few hundred rounds fired through it.

Now I've been spending as much time as I can getting familiar with the gun. I'm completely new to the AK platform so I'm starting from scratch.

Does anybody have any pearls of wisdom regarding this gun.
    Any ideas about where to pick up mags (I got 2 30 round mags and 130 rds of ammo). Does this gun take any AK-47 mag or do I need to look for something specific? How 'bout other accessories (again do these accessories have to be just for AK's or do they need to be specific for the VEPR?)?

Anyway, I'm excited to get this new gun and will probably hit the range tomorrow to go through that first 100 rounds.

Not familiar with the Verp AKs, but I do know that 5.45x39 (AK-74) magazines are 7.62x39 (AK-47) magazines are NOT interchangeable. From what I read at the AK-47 forums, looks like any AK-74 should work. I have heard good things about the 5.45x39 round, plus ammo is cheaper than 5.56x45. If you do not mind would you care to post on how the rifle shoots and your impression of 5.45x39 round? I am thinking about getting a rifle in 5.45x39 to use in 3-Gun matches.
    Semper Fi

I have only shot one in that caliber. nice shooter!
    Ammo is dirt cheap.

Sponsored Links