MINI 14 prices

MINI 14 prices

This is a discussion on MINI 14 prices within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking about adding a Ruger Mini 14 to my collection before its too late, and I'm wondering what I can expect to pay. I'm ...

Thread: MINI 14 prices

MINI 14 prices

I'm thinking about adding a Ruger Mini 14 to my collection before its too late, and I'm wondering what I can expect to pay. I'm particularly interested in the new tactical model. Also any one who ownes one (any mini) I'm interested in your thoughts.
    "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun."-
    Sammy "The Bull" Gravano

Don't waste your time trying to find a bargain; the time for that was before the election.

Of course, you could go buy an AR; there are far more accessories available and they are more accurate.
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Already have an AR, this is just an additional "fun" gun. I've always wanted one, but always had it on the back burner till now. Kinda getting "forced" into it.
    "Gun control? It's the best thing you can do for crooks and gangsters. I want you to have nothing. If I'm a bad guy, I'm always gonna have a gun."-
    Sammy "The Bull" Gravano

About a month ago, at the Colo Springs gun show they were going for about 7-800. They were new, but I'm not sure if I saw the tactical model or not. Sorry that is somewhat vague, but I hope it helps.
    Dave

"When among wild beasts, if they menace you, be a wild beast."
    -Herman Melville

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Check GunBroker.com Online Gun Auction to get a handle on what they are moving for out in the marketplace. Sign up for an account, you don't need to enter your CC info for that and then you will be able to search completed auctions. I find it very helpful in determining values.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    I always wanted one too....until I had one last year. Well made, rugged, dependable, and the most inaccurate rifle I've ever owned. But, dang good looking gun.

At the local gun show today, I say a NIB "black on black" model for $700+.

I bought a new "ranch" model with the wood stock a little over a month ago at Cabela's. By applying for a Cabelas card I got a $100 off which made it $599. I then spent $79 on a Butler Creek folding stock, what a nice set up. FWIW the new ones are supposedly much more accurate than the previous ones. I bought my first AR three days later, so they always get shot together and the accuracy is very close between the two. The only negatives are mag availability and the mini sprays brass everywhere and I do mean everywhere.

Links