Remington Police 870 or Marine Magnum? - Page 2

Remington Police 870 or Marine Magnum?

This is a discussion on Remington Police 870 or Marine Magnum? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by ccw9mm Hm. And, now, it's listed as unavailable. Looks like they're going to need a full inventory and rehash of their database ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Remington Police 870 or Marine Magnum?

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    Hm. And, now, it's listed as unavailable. Looks like they're going to need a full inventory and rehash of their database listings. Oops. Call 'em in the morning. They'll be able to go find it.
    This is making me crazy.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Heck, I don't need an 870P but I want one. If that price is available, should I jump on it or are there better deals to be found (easily) if I'm patient?

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    This is making me crazy.

Maybe it wasn't meant to be. Heck, I don't need an 870P but I want one. If that price is available, should I jump on it or are there better deals to be found (easily) if I'm patient?
    Sure. Patience works.

There's one for $430, right now, on StormGewehr.

A couple years back, I picked up a great Rem 11-87 P from a sheriff's deputy. Found that I preferred the pump-action, personally, so I ended up selling it. The ad was on GunBroker. There are a few 870P's for under $500, now and then. I just saw an 870P go for $300 earlier in the month, over on GlockTalk.

Check Gunbroker.com, GunsAmerica, EliteDealSeaker.com.

And, at some point, Bud's will get their inventory system back in place.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Wasabi View Post
    Well, I think this is all moot for now. I just tried to get onto Bud's site again (was just there this morning) and the 870P is no longer listed in the 'Sale' section. There's a notice popping up that there was some sort of glitch that listed stuff not in stock erroneously on Saturday (it was there this morning EST).

Dang, I was just going to pull the trigger on a 870P. I'll call them tomorrow.

Thanks again.
    Call Remington and ask them for the retailer who has it in stock. You can probably find one fairly easily that way. The Marine P Magnum is a great gun, and the 'upgrades' are unmistakable when you tear both guns apart. Go for the Marine...you'll have it forever.

Today, I held my first Benelli M4...this may be my departure from the world of Remington for my defensive needs. I've always believed in my trusty 870, but this M4 is a whole new breed of semi-auto. I'm testing it for the next week, and I'll let you know how it goes. The jury says I'll be back with my 870 at the end of the week, but we'll see...
    A man in the hands of his enemies is flesh, and shudderingly vulnerable. - author unknown

Distinguished Member
    Georgia..South of the mountains, north of the sand flies.
    Keep an eye on the LGS, especially the ones that cater to LEOS. Many times 870's can be found as agency trade ins. The 870 became very popular, due to its twin action bars which allow for extremely fast slide operation, with little chance of binding.

The older 870's including the Express models have been time tested. They are ALL extremely reliable. I have spent numerous hours on clay target fields where a shooter puts thousands of rounds through a gun, sometimes over a thousand rounds a week. I have seen newfangled autos and pumps fail, A LOT. The Rem 870s, ALL GRADES, just keep on shooting. The biggest issue on the 870 is with the shell catch coming loose. Buy a 10 dollar tool and repair it yourself every 10,000 rounds or so.

If you desire a higher grade 870, go for it. Some of the costs of a higher grade are polishing of internal parts. Do the polishing yourself by busting a few thousand clays.
    A wise man once said: "Bugout bag?..What's that? Is that all the junk you sidewalk commandos plan on humping when the SHTF...I'll grab a Nylon 66, a box of 22s and a poncho liner and in less than a week I will have all of your stuff and everything else that I need for the duration."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links