Quick release wall mount lock for HD shotgun

This is a discussion on Quick release wall mount lock for HD shotgun within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Am looking for an electronic lock for a shotgun similar to those installed in LEO cruisers. I imagine the lock being capable of securing the ...

Thread: Quick release wall mount lock for HD shotgun

Quick release wall mount lock for HD shotgun

Am looking for an electronic lock for a shotgun similar to those installed in LEO cruisers.
    I imagine the lock being capable of securing the weapon while mounted to a closet wall but allowing for quick access such as accessing a type of touch pad release device. A biometric locks would be perfect - just touch my thumb to the thumbprint pad and the lock is opened.

Ive seen the locks that are used in PD vehicles but they operate on 12 volt DC. Was wondering if anyone has seen or heard of one which operates say off an electronic safe type lock assembly.

I don't want to bury my shotgun in the safe but also don't want to leave it loaded unattended in a closet or under the bed

Any ideas out there - or am I gonna have to fab something for this need?

Also if this idea dosn't work, how are others controlling their shotgun while obtaining quick access?

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

Mossberg made a key operated one and might still. All you need to do is lock when you leave the house, and put the key in it when you get home, or go to bed or whatever. Good luck

Here is a link provided by another person - this is not a bad idea:

Santa Cruz Gunlocks | SETUPS - Select Your Weapon

Quote Originally Posted by boaterbob View Post

An interesting solution and I like it, but there is one glaring problem.
    The action remains not only exposed but is accessible to unauthorized users. As is the trigger too.

This product would be perfect if it had some way to disable/cover preferably the action too.
    As current the firearm could still be loaded and discharged even as it might be difficult to remove the firearm from the locking assembly itself. Yes I know that would be _stupid_, but there are a lot of stupid people out there in this world both youth and adult which is how and why we are in this gotta lock it up position as current.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

You can slide a peice of PVC pipe over the barrel so it covers the trigger and lock under the cuff.

I see that it held in place by one-way screws the problem with one-way screw that they can be removed by 2 methods. (1) They make a one-way screw driver remover. (2) Take an other one-way screw and place it into a vice grip and put the two screws together to unscrew it.

With the "one-way" screws what happens when I move?
    How do I remove the device without destroying the attachment point surface?

Instead if the device were to when locked completely obscure the mounting bolts then that would be most functional.

- Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

Now that's cool. But how would one uninstall it if they moved?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

How about something like this?

Closet Vault

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by boaterbob View Post

If anyone is looking for a Santa Cruz dealer who will actual sell to us lowly non-LEO's, try these guys.

Gun Locks - Priority 1 Public Safety Equipment, Inc. (Powered by CubeCart)

I purchased an SC-1/AR lock from them with no fuss.

I agree that if you're going to mount a gun in a lock, the lock itself needs to be mounted in such a way as to have its bolts be obscured when the gun is in place, but accessible with it out. This was my solution to that.

"A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

The Mossberg Loc-Box is the only product that can be quickly unlocked and locked, and can still secure the action against unauthorized attempts to fire it or gain leverage in an attempt to pry it off.

It's unfortunate, because some type of quick-access shotgun rack SHOULD be a hot item, but it seems few people care.

I agree, a lockable wall mount 'should' be a hot item - thus my thought that something like the Mossberg Loc Box *WITH* a thumbprint reader would be a seller (maybe?).

Yeah, the reader would need AC or battery power, but being able to simply place your thumb on the lock and have it snap open without needing to find the key and then get it into the hole at night with the BG coming thru the door would, IMO, be worth buying.

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    The Mossberg Loc-Box is the only product that can be quickly unlocked and locked, and can still secure the action against unauthorized attempts to fire it or gain leverage in an attempt to pry it off.

It's unfortunate, because some type of quick-access shotgun rack SHOULD be a hot item, but it seems few people care.
    Hmmm check the site sponsors?

Not there anymore. It was a rack that attached to the bed.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

What about the one that gunvault made? I can't find it online. Did they stop making it?
    Bleeding-heart reporter: “Do you feel that violence begets violence?”
    Jeff Cooper: “It is my earnest endeavor to see that it does. I would like very much to ensure - and in some cases I have - that any man who offers violence to his fellow citizen begets a whole lot more than he can enjoy."

Quote Originally Posted by AllAmerican View Post
    Hmmm check the site sponsors?

Not there anymore. It was a rack that attached to the bed.
    It's still there, the "back up."

It's not lockable though, which I think is what the OP is asking for. Plus, it looks like the rack can be removed from the bed pretty easily which isn't good for the type of solution the OP is looking for.

Links