Ok, I bought a Benelli M2, it's not blacktical, but....

This is a discussion on Ok, I bought a Benelli M2, it's not blacktical, but.... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Here's what I got: Ok, so I bought a SuperNova too. I like these guns! The SuperNova is a 24" bbl in "blacktical", the M2 ...

Thread: Ok, I bought a Benelli M2, it's not blacktical, but....

Senior Moderator

Ok, I bought a Benelli M2, it's not blacktical, but....

Here's what I got:

Ok, so I bought a SuperNova too. I like these guns!

The SuperNova is a 24" bbl in "blacktical", the M2 is in APG with a 21" bbl. I've been saving and looking for a loooong time for an M2 tactical and couldn't find one within reasonable driving distance and then I found an M2 in APG with the 21" bbl about 30 miles away. I was getting a little tire of black tactical guns, so when I saw the M2 in APG with a 21" bbl, I grabbed it.

I have an Nordic +2 extension tube on order - gonna see how I like that - I guess I didn't want to change the gun a whole lot.

Both have the ComforTech stock, which I decided after 100 rounds, ComforTech is a misnomer. Stated another way, I'd hate to see what a standard stock would feel like.

Part of the recoil problem is the weight - the M2/21" only weighs 6 pounds - I'm tellin' ya that's light, so maybe the ComforTech works better than I perceived. In comparison, my full blown 870 tactical (Scattergun Technology - right before Wilson Combat bought them) weighs right at 9 pounds. That's a whopping 50% heavier; that just may be taming some recoil. I love the nimbleness of the M2. I think the 21" bbl is gonna be a good compromise, just 3 inches longer than an 18" bbl, and still very light, compact, and nimble.

So yeah, some of the incentive was the Obama effect, but I've been wanting a semi for a while so Obama was the final straw so to speak. Hmmm, I think I'll go ahead and order that +5 tube - no sense waiting until the AW ban prohibits them.

Both shot as advertised. I like these guns. The real test is coming though. I discovered some low recoil/low noise Winchester ammo at WalMart and it's not a bad price. The box claims 50% less recoil and noise. It also cautions that it's only for pumps and break downs - semis may not function properly. Benelli OTOH, claims the Inertia Driven system (semi auto) will shoot anything. So we'll see.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    I have a supernova like yours for bird hunting with the comfortec, and I have a supernova tacticool with the pistol grip.

Fine shotguns both of them. I can tell you that I am a believer in the comfortec, especially when comparing those two guns. I can shoot 3 1/2 loads out of my bird gun and really not think too much about it. Shoot the same load out of the tacticool one and I almost wonder if I just broke my collar bone.

Good buys though. You should be happy with them.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Senior Moderator
    Well I do appreciate that. I was having second thoughts about whether I should have got the ComforTech or the pistol grip - Benelli seems to push the PG stock in the turkey and slug gun portions of their DVD. Of course they push the ComforTech as much, but there's just something about seeing a camo'd hunter putting his hand on that PG.

Anyway, I think you've put my mind to rest about my decision to go with the ComforTech stock. Glad you posted!!!
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

Administrator
    The M2 is a great shotgun. You'll enjoy it I'm sure.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Links