Bought a Del-ton 15

Bought a Del-ton 15

This is a discussion on Bought a Del-ton 15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I bought it about a week ago. Shoots like a dream Cost me $768 + tax (Marine Exchange). I bought the last one they had. ...

Thread: Bought a Del-ton 15

Bought a Del-ton 15

I bought it about a week ago. Shoots like a dream Cost me $768 + tax (Marine Exchange). I bought the last one they had. Have a nice scope and a red dot. Now for a question, what is better and free float or a non free float? I do not have a lot of money but if you could link a few with recommendations I would appreciate it. Thanks. This site has been wonderful to me. Thank you

Good deal
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    A free-floated barrel just means that the handguard only attaches at the barrel nut and does not contact the barrel at any point beyond that. If you're building your rifle for match accuracy, a free-float barrel is a good idea. If not, it's essentially just personal preference.

I'm partial to Yankee Hill Machine hardware. They make good stuff for a reasonable price.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

I have a free float forearm on my AR's - I happen to like the size, price and durability of YHM forearms. They get a lot of grief for not being milspec (which I do not use here in a derrogatory tone). Since I only put my forward sling point on my forearm and I don't take sights or other equipment on or off that needs a precision mount, I went YHM. Even if you were putting sights or other gear on your forearm, YHM would be fine as long as you weren't in need of taking it on and off without the possibility of re sighting it in. Another concern re: YHM is that a one piece forearm means taking the FSB off to gain unimpeded access under the forearm (say, for a barrel change or deep clean after a mud bath).

If anyone's wondering about my deleted 2nd post, it was a double tap from my BBerry.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post
    Another concern re: YHM is that a one piece forearm means taking the FSB off to gain unimpeded access under the forearm (say, for a barrel change or deep clean after a mud bath).
    That's true. Or if you build the rifle with a railed or low profile gas block, you can just slide the handguard over it to get it off.
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

They sell weapons at the exchange??? I'm assuming you mean the Marine Corps Exchange? Damn, we don't get that stuff in the Coast Guard Exchange!

The marine exchange just outside Norfolk sells firearms and also has a 25 yd rifle range nearby.

Sponsored Links