Kel Tec Sub 2000?

Kel Tec Sub 2000?

This is a discussion on Kel Tec Sub 2000? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I'm thinking of buying one of the Kel Tec Sub 2000 rifles in either 9MM or .40 cal before the ban takes effect. But I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kel Tec Sub 2000?

Kel Tec Sub 2000?

I'm thinking of buying one of the Kel Tec Sub 2000 rifles in either 9MM or .40 cal before the ban takes effect. But I'm not sure about the quality and reliability of this little rifle. Do any of you guys have one of these and if so whats your opinion of them?,,Thanks in advance!
    God & Guns!

I have one on the way. Well at least when there is one available for my guy to get one for me. Ones that take G17 magazines seem to be available but I am waiting on one that will take G19 magazines.

From what I hear they are good for what they are designed to do. If not I would not be getting one.

The one thing you need to think about besides caliber is what gun magazine you want the thing to take. They come in various choices, different Glock mags, S&W, and I think some others. Before buying one you might want to check to see if you have a gun already that uses the same magazine, or if your thinking of adding another gun to your collection that you can use the magazines that are the same.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sub 2000

I maintain a few in .40 for a local PD. They are Glock 22s. They have had no issues with the guns or the issue 180gr Remington ammo. They had some cheap lasers, but they wouldn't hold zero. No fault of the gun, though.

I've had one that takes Glock 17 magazines. Great little gun that fills the gap between pistol and rifle
    "Lawyers, Guns and Money"

I hope this isn't too late to be useful.

I bought a Sub 2K, 9mm, Glock 19 in January. I like it. The fit and finish won't inspire great confidence, but shooting it will, as long as you can deal with the short sight radius for long(er) range shooting. I've put about 400 rounds through it and it is a blast. I added a smooth KT trigger shoe, the butt extension and a plastic/rubber sleeve on the operating handle and stock tube to make it more comfortable. The gun worked fine without the embelishments but they were pretty reasonably priced. Get one. You'll like it. As long as you aren't expecting an AR 10/15.

Quote Originally Posted by rebut View Post
    You'll like it. As long as you aren't expecting an AR 10/15.
    No, just looking for a fun gun and a camp carbine. Thanks everyone for the input.
    God & Guns!

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    and find yourself a nice compact padded zippered case to carry it folded. It will fit under the seat of a lot of vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    and find yourself a nice compact padded zippered case to carry it folded. It will fit under the seat of a lot of vehicles.
    I sure will. But I have to find of the little buggers first! My local dealer can't seem to locate one for me.
    God & Guns!

check the Kel-Tec website:

Kel Tec

I had a S2K several years ago, and it was a blast to shoot. I bought it used, in very good shape, and put around a thousand rounds through it myself. I rummaged through the boxes and boxes of holsters, cases and gun rugs the shop had in the back of the store and lucked into a "fake leather" zippered case that was about 18" by 10". Folded, the S2K was a perfect fit, and looked just like a brief case. I would love to still have the S2K, but traded it even for NIB KT P32 for the wife.

surv

My local gun shop had a like new used one and I let it slip through my fingers only a few weeks ago. Man I could kick myself.,,Oh well,,,,,,,,,,
    God & Guns!

just to clear up any misunderstanding... I was posting a link to the KT site to let you know about the recently added zippered carry case.

Good luck finding the S2K. I have seen a couple at local gun shows in NE TX in the last 2-3 months, but not many.

surv

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    just to clear up any misunderstanding... I was posting a link to the KT site to let you know about the recently added zippered carry case.

Good luck finding the S2K. I have seen a couple at local gun shows in NE TX in the last 2-3 months, but not many.

surv
    Thanks for the info concrening the case. I will have to have one now anyway since my local dealer came through for me! Seems someone traded in a .40 cal model on something and now I have her in layaway! Ye-ha!
    God & Guns!

as with any kel tec guns,,,it any thing goes wrong they will fix it free. you can not go wrong with any kel tec guns.
    An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject.

Red State State of Mind

Quote Originally Posted by frankmako View Post
    as with any kel tec guns,,,it any thing goes wrong they will fix it free. you can not go wrong with any kel tec guns.
    Are the Subbie rifles bad to break? LOL!!!
    God & Guns!

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    What are they selling for in the marketplace? I saw the MSRP but I know they are selling for less than $435. How much less?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links