Defensive Carry banner

Looking at New sights

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  paknheat 
#1 ·
This one goes out to the rifle shooters who also like to hunt. I have a little Swed. Mauser that has been cut down to make a sweet little deep woods/ tree stand gun. The problem is that I scoped it for deer season last year , and although it proved to be very accurate off the bench it just doesn't feel right when trying quick off hand shots. The balance just isn't right. So i am thinking of putting a set of xs-sights on it . does anyone have any experience with these? I would value your input.

#3 ·
Thanks Bud, What I am thinking of doing is getting a rear ghost ring with a tritium front dot bead, simular to what xs is putting on pistols. They make a ghost ring rear sight that can attach to the base I already put on the rifle. I was wondering if anybody out threr has used these before. I was curious as to how they hold up in field conditions.

#5 ·
Just be sure the sights are small enough for precision shots. Perhaps a forward mounted scope with long eye relief might make for a faster scoped shooter.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.