Which One?

Which One?

This is a discussion on Which One? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So a local gun store owner tipped me off on three AR-15's he is getting on Wed. He said he's getting one Bushmaster and two ...

Thread: Which One?

Which One?

So a local gun store owner tipped me off on three AR-15's he is getting on Wed. He said he's getting one Bushmaster and two Colt's. He wouldn't give me a price today, but I imagine he'll sell one to me for about $800 - $900. All three are used. He doesn't know what models or accessories or anything. Is there a big enough difference in the two brands, or should I just go with the one I like the best?

VIP Member
    I think you'd be happy with any of them. I have a Colt SP1 I've had since the early eighties and swear by it.
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

These is a big enough difference that you would be a fool not to choose a Colt over a Bushmaster. Not that Bushmaster's suck or anything, just Colt's are head and shoulders above them better.

Austin

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Assuming they are in equal condition I'd take the Colt as a first choice.
    They have been making quality firearms longer than I've been around, they must be doing something right.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

I have had a Bushy for years and have no complaints.
    That being said, I would take one of the Colts!
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I would also lean towards the Colts, but you need to know what you are getting. Colts actually come in two different flavors, one for LE and Military and one for the rest of us. The difference is that the consumer line for the rest of us is not built to Mil Spec (pins and buffer tube are sized differently) while the LE/military line is. Yes, the LE/Military line does offer Semi-Auto rifles.

Is it really a big deal? Only if you decide to work on it yourself. You will need to know which parts and pins to get.

Thanks for the info, he's pretty sure they are sporter models. Either way, one of the three will be mine on Thursday

Sponsored Links