Hope for NY? New Assault Weapons Bill A06294

Hope for NY? New Assault Weapons Bill A06294

This is a discussion on Hope for NY? New Assault Weapons Bill A06294 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I apologize if this has already been discussed but I'm disgusted after reading the text of Assembly Bill A06294 Bills...

Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Senior Member Array 2edgesword's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    653

    Hope for NY? New Assault Weapons Bill A06294

    I apologize if this has already been discussed but I'm disgusted after reading the text of Assembly Bill A06294

    Bills


  2. #2
    Senior Moderator
    Array pgrass101's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Alabama
    Posts
    13,489
    That is one of the reasons that I refuse to move to New York
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

    ― Robert A. Heinlein,

  3. #3
    Moderator
    Array bmcgilvray's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,098
    "Most citizens, includ-
    2 ing most gun owners, believe that assault weapons should not be avail-
    3 able for civilian use."

    No citizens I know down here in Texas were asked if assault weapons should be available for civilian use.
    Charter Member of the DC .41 LC Society

    “No possible rapidity of fire can atone for habitual carelessness of aim with the first shot.”

    Theodore Roosevelt, The Wilderness Hunter, 1893

  4. #4
    Moderator
    Array RETSUPT99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Location
    Central Florida
    Posts
    44,768
    "Most citizens, including most gun owners, believe that assault weapons should not be available for civilian use."

    Really, I didn't know this...
    Last edited by RETSUPT99; March 24th, 2009 at 07:54 PM.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

    ***********************************
    Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

  5. #5
    VIP Member Array Janq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    6,781
    Sentences one through twenty is written as though by a fifth grader educated about firearms and firearm design by playing a weekends worth of Call of Duty 3.
    I stopped reading at that point as it is rife with technical errors and flat out false statements clearly made by person who themself have not put any research into nor even understand the function and use of such firearms.

    Keep in mind bills of this sort as written are not exclusive to that of firearms.
    Just think of all the other out right garbage and bald face lies that are and have been stated in numerous other bills on numerous other subjects, that a person may not have care toward nor knowledge of, including say waterways, environment, mining, management of civil funds and programs, _education_, etc. written same as this and are regularly voted on by We The People and passed as laws...or denied.

    That bill to my eyes in it's preface shows nothing but ignorance, lies, and a complete lack of subject matter education.
    Shameful.

    - Janq
    Last edited by Janq; March 24th, 2009 at 01:18 PM.
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

    "A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

  6. #6
    Lead Moderator
    Array rstickle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Laurel, MD
    Posts
    21,866
    Section 1. The New York state legislature finds that semi-automatic assault weapons are military-style guns designed to allow rapid and accurate spray firing for the quick and efficient killing of humans.
    The first couple of lines is where it stops making sense. This is some scary writing. Accurate spray firing??
    Rick

    EOD - Initial success or total failure

  7. #7
    Member Array jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    438
    ?Severability. If any provision or term of this act is for any
    45 reason declared unconstitutional or invalid or ineffective by any court
    46 of competent jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity
    47 or the effectiveness of the remaining portions of this act or any part
    48 thereof."

    It appears as though they know that this stuff can be determined unconstitutional.

    I really am getting sick of this state.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

  8. #8
    VIP Member Array AllAmerican's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Chesterfield, Kakalaki del Sur
    Posts
    2,403
    Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Sentences one through twenty is written as though by a fifth grader educated about firearms and firearm design by playing a weekends worth of Call of Duty 3.
    I stopped reading at that point as it is rife with technical errors and flat out false statements clearly made by person who themself have not put any research into nor even understand the function and use of such firearms.

    Keep in mind bills of this sort as written are not exclusive to that of firearms.
    Just think of all the other out right garbage and bald face lies that are and have been stated in numerous other bills on numerous other subjects, that a person may not have care toward nor knowledge of, including say waterways, environment, mining, management of civil funds and programs, _education_, etc. written same as this and are regularly voted on by We The People and passed as laws...or denied.

    That bill to my eyes in it's preface shows nothing but ignorance, lies, and a complete lack of subject matter education.
    Shameful.

    - Janq
    +1, Im with Janq
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

  9. #9
    VIP Member Array sgtD's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,292
    Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    ?Severability. If any provision or term of this act is for any
    45 reason declared unconstitutional or invalid or ineffective by any court
    46 of competent jurisdiction, such decision shall not affect the validity
    47 or the effectiveness of the remaining portions of this act or any part
    48 thereof."

    It appears as though they know that this stuff can be determined unconstitutional.
    They are probably not that smart. It's just standard to do this.

    Many laws, and even most private contracts have this type of "survival clause" language.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

  10. #10
    VIP Member Array crzy4guns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Kansas
    Posts
    2,637
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    That is one of the reasons that I refuse to move to New York
    Me too, and I will not move to Kalifornia either.
    God bless our troops!

  11. #11
    Senior Member Array mulle46's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    1,164
    Quote Originally Posted by rstickle View Post
    The first couple of lines is where it stops making sense. This is some scary writing. Accurate spray firing??
    +1. And this bill, as written, could be used to get rid of pump action rifles with a detachable magazine, as the fore-end could fall under the non-trigger handgrip.
    You gain strength, courage, and confidence by every experience in which you really stop to look fear in the face. You are able to say to yourself, "I have lived through this horror. I can take the next thing that comes along." . . . You must do the thing you think you cannot do. Eleanor Roosevelt

  12. #12
    Member Array jbone's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    NY, USA
    Posts
    438
    Quote Originally Posted by mulle46 View Post
    +1. And this bill, as written, could be used to get rid of pump action rifles with a detachable magazine, as the fore-end could fall under the non-trigger handgrip.
    Currently there is an additional section of the current "assault weapons" ban in NY, specifically states that rifles, shotguns, or handguns that are manually operated by a pump, slide, or bolt action do not fall under the classification of "assault weapons". Who knows of that will change or not. Actually I may have missed it in the new proposed laws.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

  13. #13
    Distinguished Member Array AKsrule's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    1,387
    It's only a matter of time until NY becomes worse than California
    where Constitutional rights are concerned.
    -------
    -SIG , it's What's for Dinner-

    know your rights!
    http://www.handgunlaw.us

    "If I walk in the woods, I feel much more comfortable carrying a gun. What if you meet a bear in the woods that's going to attack you? You shoot it."
    {Bernhard Goetz}

Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Similar Threads

  1. VA Bill I Really Hope Passes
    By tkruf in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: January 12th, 2011, 10:23 PM
  2. MD Senate Bill 516: "Maryland Assault Weapons Ban of 2010"
    By Janq in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: February 5th, 2010, 01:28 PM
  3. New Assault Weapons Bill In Florida
    By ronwill in forum The Second Amendment & Gun Legislation Discussion
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: February 13th, 2008, 03:40 PM
  4. Assault Weapons Bill
    By DizTbone in forum Concealed Carry Issues & Discussions
    Replies: 64
    Last Post: February 23rd, 2007, 06:26 AM

Search tags for this page

bill a06294

,

nys concealed carry bill

,

nys concealed carry bills

,

status of ny a06294 bill

Click on a term to search for related topics.

» Log in

User Name:

Password:

Not a member yet?
Register Now!

» DefensiveCarry Sponsors