What do you think?

This is a discussion on What do you think? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have been trying to avoid all the gun craziness but in a moment of weakness... Remington 870 XCS MAR MG 12 18 CYL BLK ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you think?

What do you think?

I have been trying to avoid all the gun craziness but in a moment of weakness...

Remington 870 XCS MAR MG 12 18 CYL BLK for Sale at Buds Gun Shop $739.00

2. Remove Ads

That's nice man. I like the "speed feed" stock.

jfl
    Excellent choice !!!
    The best home defense tool, in my opinion.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

You can't go wrong with an 870...ever.

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    Seems a little pricey, but I could be way off base considering I havn't been paying much attention to shotguns for a while now.

Other than that, Remington 870's are excellent shotguns, no doubt about that.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    I too question the price tag, and I'm not a huge fan of the speed feed stocks, but an 870 no matter how its dressed is a nice partner to have.
    "Just blame Sixto"

I would say HECK NO! That is way to much money. I just bought a mossy 500 home defense for like 220$ . I also priced 870s at around the same.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Saw one the other day here in Northern KY for $275. I will admit it was just a standard tactical with the synthetic stock and 18" barrel. It didn't have all the bells and whistles that one does but still...that's a big price jump.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar
    That is one nice 870, especially with the corrosion resistant finish. Paying almost 800 dollars for a pump shotgun would be hard for me to do though.
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

OD*
    You didn't do all that bad on price, the Marine Magnums are not the same guns as the Express line, they are built along side the Police Magnum's and Wingmaster's, much better quality.
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Diligentia Vis Celeritas"

"There is very little new, and the forgotten is constantly being rediscovered."
    ~ Tiger McKee

Administrator
    I guess the price isnt all that bad considering what it is. OD is right though, you cant really compare the express or the Mossbergs to the higher end 870 models. They are in two different leagues.
    "Just blame Sixto"

[ATTACH][ATTACH]12433
    I just rebuilt and painted mine for under $300. Sorry for the crappy picture, I'll try to take a better one when I get time.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by OD View Post
    You didn't do all that bad on price, the Marine Magnums are not the same guns as the Express line, they are built along side the Police Magnum's and Wingmaster's, much better quality.
    Thank you! I was having some buyers regret before hearing that I had been taken.

In the big picture that is not a whole lot of $$ for a gun that should last the rest of my life!

Either way I am sure I will forget the buyers regret with the 1st trip to the range!

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Dawg View Post
    Thank you! I was having some buyers regret before hearing that I had been taken.

In the big picture that is not a whole lot of $$ for a gun that should last the rest of my life!
    Sorry about my part in that, I glossed over what it actually is and assumed it was a dressed up express. You are right, the gun will last for your lifetime and then some too. I paid only slightly less a year or two ago for a Police magnum with a walnut stock. In the current gun market, you did just fine. I've never seen a rip off deal at Buds anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

GKG
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I guess the price isnt all that bad considering what it is. OD is right though, you cant really compare the express or the Mossbergs to the higher end 870 models. They are in two different leagues.
    Respectfully, when shooting our mid 90's Rem Marine Magnum and our 590 side by side, the 870 was far more brutal to shoot, and we're guessing due to it's 18" barrel it's pattern using both 00 & 000 buck at 25 feet were worlds apart. The 870 also has that single bead site which isn't a favorite. The 590 has a 20 or 21 inch barrel and was amazingly tight at 25 feet, to the point other folks had stopped to ask what we were shooting. This was with the exact same ammo in both guns. We also prefer the location of the safety on the 590 vs the 870. Just our experience, your mileage may vary...
    Geoff & Suzy-If you're reading it, Suzy typed it.
    In Loving Memory of my baby brother Benjamin Ian
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato
    "Those who give up liberty for the sake of security deserve neither liberty nor security." Benjamin Franklin

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links