FINALLY purchased an AR! - Page 2

FINALLY purchased an AR!

This is a discussion on FINALLY purchased an AR! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just got home from a trip to the desert after church with family and friends to shoot. We put about 75 rounds through the ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FINALLY purchased an AR!

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar
    I just got home from a trip to the desert after church with family and friends to shoot. We put about 75 rounds through the AR, maybe 300 .40, a bunch of .22, .38, 12-ga. It was a fantastic afternoon to be sure!

I personally only put about 30 rounds through it, but they were awesome. It shot nice and straight and had no issues whatsoever. My wife shot it, my 12 year old daughter shot it, and my 9 year old son shot it!! They all had a blast with it too.

When I got home I cleaned it; the barrel was kinda nasty. I also just noticed that there is a crack on the charging handle; I'm going to look it up but I can't imagine that piece is expensive.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

Welcome to the dark side, Preacher, and congrats on your EBR. Come on in and join the party!!

Quote Originally Posted by MinistrMalic View Post
    Oh no...not a bit. When I became a Christian in 98 (she became a Christian in junior high but had fallen away from the faith...maybe it was my fault:)) it made a lot of changes in our relationship and her outlook. She is a homeschooling pastor's wife who sings on the praise team at church and helps women with natural childbirth...yeah that might be the definition of super-conservative.

And this lady who would have screamed in the presence of any firearm whatsoever can out-shoot most cops I know. She is deadly accurate! (not that she could out-shoot a trained pro in a deadly force scenario...she is just a better shot than most) Not to mention, she can handle just about any firearm known to man.

Anyway, it's a cool AR that I got a smokin' deal on. And I have a great wife who, after doing some research on the platform and thinking about how we manage our money was fine with me having it.
    Ok, how do I get my wife to be like yours?
    III

Distinguished Member Array MinistrMalic's Avatar

Change your wife? Follow Rule #1...

Quote Originally Posted by buzzgum View Post
    Ok, how do I get my wife to be like yours?
    Um...not to get preachy, but it had more to do with prayer than anything else. I pray with her and for her every day. I never pushed her to be a gun freak, just allowed Him to change attitudes from the inside out. She did the same with me, and I think we are the better for it.
    "...whoever has no sword is to sell his coat and buy one." (Luke 22:36)
    Christianity and Self Defense from a Biblical Perspective

You will love yours I know I do mine...(Colt 6721 HB) a3 model. It is a great weapon. I cannot imagine myself not having one now.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links