Any "assault similar" rifles that are California approved?

This is a discussion on Any "assault similar" rifles that are California approved? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I know that the "Black rifles" are considered evil in CA, but since I may have to take a job, either permanent or Locum tenens ...

Thread: Any "assault similar" rifles that are California approved?

Distinguished Member Array Squawker's Avatar

Any "assault similar" rifles that are California approved?

I know that the "Black rifles" are considered evil in CA, but since I may have to take a job, either permanent or Locum tenens in CA, I thought that I would ask. I would hate to have to sell my AR15, AK47, and Socom II, but I figure that I would have to. At one time, the Mini14 was ok with no more than a 10 round magazine, but it's been 6 or 7 years since I went shooting with a friend in CA, who has since passed on due to cancer. Is the mini 14 still legal, or any other?

2. Remove Ads

Hell Kitten AR-15 - evil black rifle meets cute and cuddly

The pink is probably overkill.

Here's a blog:

http://www.paul.net/guns/CaliforniaRifles.pdf

AR15.Com probably has a good "hometown" section for CA.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Very nice, matiki , and thanks! If I don't find any rifles currently on the market that are CA legal, I may have to have one built for me. I would also want a letter from him explaining why it was CA legal, to avoid potential run ins with an LEO. I want to be able to give an officer documentation as to why it is legal.

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post

Here's a blog:

wow.... the Hell Kitten blog was a heck of an entertaining read. I think I just blew away 30 minutes reading all the drivel...kind of like a bad book that you still just can't put down. Interesting gun project though. Ya gotta love creativity.

If it was me I wouldn't take the job in California....or at least maintain resident status of another state so you can keep your guns there (and buy more there to keep there).

10 round mag limit, no flash hiders, and the choice between a "Monsterman grip" or a "bullet button" from what I can tell.

If I have to choose between 10 rounds of 5.56mm and 8 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot, I'll pick the buckshot. Shotguns aren't illegal in CA unless they have a pistol grip.

Austin

Administrator

Post This Is CA Legal

From time to time you might just want to go over to Gunbroker.com and type CA Legal into the search block & see what pops up.

Bushmaster C15 California Legal Top Loading : Semi-auto at GunBroker.com

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    If it was me I wouldn't take the job in California....or at least maintain resident status of another state so you can keep your guns there (and buy more there to keep there).

10 round mag limit, no flash hiders, and the choice between a "Monsterman grip" or a "bullet button" from what I can tell.

If I have to choose between 10 rounds of 5.56mm and 8 rounds of 12 gauge buckshot, I'll pick the buckshot. Shotguns aren't illegal in CA unless they have a pistol grip.

Austin

Well, I don't particularly want to take a job in California- I moved away from there 4 years ago. But I've developed this annoying habit that I have to submit to on a regular basis. It's called eating, and I've found that if I don't eat several times a day, I get these withdrawal symptoms- stomach growling, generalized weakness, weight loss, etc. If I do take a job there, my wife would stay here in Vegas, and I would come home on weekends. Unfortunately, the housing market here has fallen through the floor. Great if you want to buy, but terrible if you need to sell. I asked her if she would like to move to another area- New Orleans, Florida, etc. She said that she would, but the problem is the house. I suggested renting it (she has 4 other rental houses here in Vegas, but unfortunately, the taxes, homeowners association fees, etc would make it impractical.

Quote Originally Posted by matiki View Post

Here's a blog:

Now that is just cool, I bet my 9 yo would love that.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    check out: Calguns.net

There are lots of evil black rifles that are CA legal. Fixed stock, no flash hider, some sort of alternate pistol grip... functionally identical, but meets the laws. Don't quote me exactly, but it is possible.

Well in CA...????

I think this might just work...

Rubber Band Guns - Pistols - Rifles - Ammo - Accessories - Targets - Rubberband Guns

Note: Any rubberbands used must be 'green friendly'.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------

Final note...If at all possible, I'd seek employment elsewhere. In todays' economy that may not be possible.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Links