Trijicon Reflex

Trijicon Reflex

This is a discussion on Trijicon Reflex within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I have a DPMS with a non removable carry handle. I would like to mount some optics on top of the carry handle. I was ...

Thread: Trijicon Reflex

Trijicon Reflex

I have a DPMS with a non removable carry handle. I would like to mount some optics on top of the carry handle. I was looking in Brownell's catalog and saw the Trijicon Reflex for $375. But they want another $150 for the rail to attach it to the carry handle.

I like the fact that it does not require batteries. Does anyone have any comments, neg or pos about these optics?

Thanks.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I like them well enough. I went with an aimpoint on mine - same pricepoint, years of battery life. The one consideration that I've personally confirmed is washout of the reticle when aiming at a well lit area from a dark area (such as indoors to outside).That may or may not be an issue for you.
    "Wise people learn when they can; fools learn when they must." - The Duke of Wellington

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    I can confirm the reticle wash-out effect mentioned above. This is not a problem if your sights co-witness, and can take over in the conditions that wash out the reticle, but obviously, if the Reflex is mounted on top of the carry handle, your iron sights are not co-witnessing.

Another problem is that a Reflex mounted on a carry handle is WAY up there. If the stock is modified to allow easy use of the Reflex, you may not be able to scrunch down to use the irons very easily. I totally rejected my Reflex for use on my A2 upper; it still seeks a home. (It lived briefly on a flat-top M4gery, that I traded.) It will probably end up on a recreational firearm, like a Ruger .22 pistol.

Just to be clear, mine is the Reflex II, with the amber triangle. There is a newer-generation Reflex, that may be better, but last time I noticed, the Reflex II is still available, too.

Thanks for the replys. I still may consider getting the relex optics, but I found a pair of truglos that were much cheaper. I started a new thread in regards.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Any kind of optic on top of a carry handle is going to be pretty high. If you do decide to get an optic eventually, consider getting a railed forend and putting a long eye relif optic (like an Aimpont or EOTech) out in front of the carry handle.

Thanks for all the replys. I went w/ a Barska Illuminated Red Dot at Gander for $69. I was in the area w/ my wife. So I just popped in to look around and made an impulse purchase.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Sponsored Links