Truglo AR Optics

This is a discussion on Truglo AR Optics within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; The price caught my eye. Anyone have opinions on these? Can this be used w/ both eyes open? Battery life? 30mm RED DOT SIGHTS at ...

Thread: Truglo AR Optics

Truglo AR Optics

The price caught my eye. Anyone have opinions on these? Can this be used w/ both eyes open? Battery life?

30mm RED DOT SIGHTS at Brownells
    Last edited by NY27; April 13th, 2009 at 01:22 PM. Reason: add info
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Bob The Great's Avatar
    They'll work, but I wouldn't depend on one of these in an emergency. If you're looking for a range plinker, sure. But even then, I think there are better options out there.

To answer your questions - yes, you can use them with both eyes open, and they use a CR2032 battery, so maybe 100-200hrs?
    "A well-educated electorate, being necessary to the continuance of a free state, the right of the people to keep and read books shall not be infringed."
    Is this hard to understand? Then why does it get unintelligible to some people when 5 little words are changed?

Do a search for "review truglo" or "review red dot". I did a review on a cheapie A1optic red dot sight, it would be okay for a paintball gun.

VIP Member
    I have the 25 mm installed in my WASR and I am guessing I have shot some 200 rounds without problems.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

IMO the tasco propoint is a better red dot sight for the money looks just like an aimpoint but without the cost of one and I have put over a 1000 rounds down range with it with no problems at all. Go to OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear to check it out
    Sig P220R .45ACP
    Taurus PT92 9mm
    Rem 870 12ga.
    Bushmaster M-4 .223/5.56
    HK P2000 9mm
    Glock 31 .357

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Sig master View Post
    IMO the tasco propoint is a better red dot sight for the money looks just like an aimpoint but without the cost of one and I have put over a 1000 rounds down range with it with no problems at all. Go to OpticsPlanet.com - Binoculars, Sunglasses, Night Vision Goggles, Riflescopes, Flashlights, Telescopes, Rangefinders, Microscopes - Hunting, Outdoor, Science, & Military Gear to check it out
    FWIW, I have a refurbished Tasco mounted in my shotgun and it has given me zero problems also.
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

Thanks for all the replys. I went w/ a Barska Illuminated Red Dot at Gander for $69. I was in the area w/ my wife. So I just popped in to look around and made an impulse purchase.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Thanks for all the replys. I went w/ a Barska Illuminated Red Dot at Gander for $69. I was in the area w/ my wife. So I just popped in to look around and made an impulse purchase.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Links