M4 tactical shotgun by Benelli

This is a discussion on M4 tactical shotgun by Benelli within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Just learned about this. Kind of spendy at around $1600. Anyone know about it? Maybe a less expensive alternative? I currently have a Remington 870 ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: M4 tactical shotgun by Benelli

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

M4 tactical shotgun by Benelli

Just learned about this. Kind of spendy at around $1600. Anyone know about it? Maybe a less expensive alternative?

I currently have a Remington 870 marine. Nice, but I was thinking about a semi-auto, too.

M4 Tactical
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    They are awesome weapons in my opinion. Out of my budget, but I have drooled over my friend's for a long time.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Administrator
    They are really nice, but to be honest, a 1187P will fill the same role at half the cost. 99.9% shooters will never be able to take advantage of the slight advantages the Benelli provides anyway.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I am not a good enough shooter to realize the difference between a Benilli and a Mossberg 590
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I am not a good enough shooter to realize the difference between a Benilli and a Mossberg 590
    Sure you are. You have to pump one, the other does it for you.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Senior Moderator
    I guess I could shot an auto faster than a pump
    “You can sway a thousand men by appealing to their prejudices quicker than you can convince one man by logic.”

― Robert A. Heinlein,

I love mine. I looked for a long time before i bought my first shotgun. This was one of the finalists. I figured why not start with one of the best? I found a used one at the local shop and knew the previous owner and picked that tone up.
    Bend the knees, smooth is fast, watch the front sight.

Check out the Mossy 930SPX. Was intent on getting one but couldn't find one. So, I 'settled' on a pump (590A1) instead:)
    Of course, 2 days after I got the pump, I found THREE 930's for sale at my local gun club. Son of a......
    HK45c V1

Quote Originally Posted by pgrass101 View Post
    I guess I could shot an auto faster than a pump
    Yeah, maybe, but $400.00 for a 590 compared to $1600.00 for the M4.... In this economy....

I'll take the 590! JMHO.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Senior Moderator
    I wanted a Benelli shotgun. I have a Scattergun Technology built 870 tactical - had a blast, no pun intended, with it in Gunsite's Tactical Shotgun course, but I still wanted a semi.

I thought I wanted the M4, but as I checked out Benelli's I saw the M2 and decided that was the one for me. It's not as expensive as the M4 but it's pricey.

The M2 is Inertia Driven; the M4 gas driven. I got a Benelli with a 21" barrel and the Comfortech stock. My M2 has a 3" longer barrel than the M4 and still weighs a pound less than the M4 - and you can feel the difference in carry and swing.

A fellow student had a Benelli M4 in my shotgun class and he did have problems with lighter range loads that we used in some of the training. My M2 has shot every load I've put in it. I am really eagar to try some low recoil/low muzzle blast ammo I found. Gonna see if the M2 chokes on it.
    I'm too young to be this old!
    Getting old isn't good for you!

I'd go with an FN myself, but that's just me.

I'm buying a new 870, as I prefer Pump Action Shotguns, although there is some merit/advantages to an Autoloader.

Biker
    Last edited by BikerRN; April 14th, 2009 at 09:04 PM. Reason: spelling

XMP, the Stoeger M2000 tactical is straight-Benelli M1/M3 and about $500. It has a heavier barrel, and, if you so desire, the forward action spring allows the use of a folding stock.

Th M4 is nice, but over-priced, and out of the operational needs of 99.99% of the population. The M1/M3s are really blown away by Stoeger's quality/price mix. If Stoeger won't sell you spare parts, you can buy Benelli parts from brownells.

Stoeger Defense Guns

I agree with Sixto...that 1187p is an excellent shot gun. I like the looks of the 1100 tactical too. I find it hard to believe the benelli is worth that much price difference.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Personally, I'm really happy Benelli came out with the M4. A guy had only had this M1 S90 for about a month when they released the M4 and traded the M1 in allowing me to buy it. Great guns. I would like to have the gas operated M4, but haven't convinced myself to cut loose of the extra money to trade.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links