It's like finding the prize Easter Egg! - Page 2

It's like finding the prize Easter Egg!

This is a discussion on It's like finding the prize Easter Egg! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; It's killing me too! Probably going to be tomorrow. Advantage is I can shoot out the back pasture. Bad news is a seem to have ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: It's like finding the prize Easter Egg!

It's killing me too! Probably going to be tomorrow. Advantage is I can shoot out the back pasture. Bad news is a seem to have a lot of chores to do besides shooting guns.

Ah, what a great gun!

A Marlin 30-30 was my first deer rifle. I got my first dozen deer with that gun, and none of them so much as took a step after being hit with the 150 grain power point.

I still have an old 336 that was made in the early 80's. It's a great gun and super reliable. For hunting, I liked a fixed power scope, but I took mine off since it points as true and as quick as any shotgun with open sights. You've got a great gun there.
    Eat a moose... 50,000 wolves can't be wrong.

Very nice looking rifle. I really miss my Marlin 30-30. They are really versatile guns. Congrats.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

One of my biggest regrets is selling my 336c, I have a model 94 but it's a commemorative model and it's never been fired and I am going to keep it that way. I'm sure you will love this gun, the actions on them are much smoother than the Winchesters IMO, and they are a well balanced gun.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Excellent choice on a great firearm. My local WW is selling that gun packaged with the scope also. Sounds like your gun shop didn't realize Marlin had included a "bonus" scope. Good for you... shame on them.
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

Yea but WW (I assume you mean Wally World aka Walmart?) is selling the 336W (which is a package they, big box stores, have made with a to sell at a lower price point) which is not the 336C.

The 336C is the top of the line finish of the 336's with select Black Walnut wood and ends caps and butt stock pads (fully finished top grade). Then there is a lower line finished "A" and similar, but slightly better some will say, and the "W". Both having "hardwood" stained to look similar to Walnut and simplier trim compared to the C. . The W and A often are on sale or included in some special with scopes and more often sold at big box stores.

They all shoot the same and are good guns. But you just pay extra for the trim and finish of a C model.

I would have expected to see it with a W gun (or even an A) but not a C gun. They are not the same trim package guns. There are 3 different 336 (Actually 5 if you count the SS verison and the MX308) model trims you see. The C being the top of the line of the three.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links