new ar-15

new ar-15

This is a discussion on new ar-15 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; ok i jumped on the bandwagon and bought an ar-15. i've been wanting one for 10 years! and of course when i finally have the ...

Thread: new ar-15

new ar-15

ok i jumped on the bandwagon and bought an ar-15. i've been wanting one for 10 years! and of course when i finally have the extra cash to get one...anyway i ended up with a CMMG F-1604. I'm really enjoying it, but I have one question that I have yet to get answered. What is the difference in the two rear sights built into the carry handle? One hole is larger than the other. What's the purpose of this?

thanks

one is for shorter ranges the other is for longer ranges
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Another reason is in low light, if you use the bigger hole you'll see more,.. I used to bore out the hole in my peep sight on my bow when I hunted a ton,.. Didn't take allot to allow you to see in that low light condition.. Try it next time your out and it is getting dark..

I thought one was the 200m sight and the other was the 300m sight? Is that incorrect?

Anyway, congrats on the new AR!!!! Post pics when you can. BTW, where did you find the CMMG at?
    "He who does not punish evil commands it to be done." - Leonardo da Vinci

The bigger hole is 0-200m and the other is beyond that.

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    so does the elevation of the hole change when you flip to the smaller hole? or is it just more precise because of the smaller hole?

Quote Originally Posted by Shotdown View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by DaRedneck View Post
    I thought one was the 200m sight and the other was the 300m sight? Is that incorrect?

Anyway, congrats on the new AR!!!! Post pics when you can. BTW, where did you find the CMMG at?
    gunbroker...mostly all they had listed were the model m4le which is the basically the commercial version they make. this one had a wrong model # listed and i called the seller and found out it was a 1604.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by spyshot View Post
    so does the elevation of the hole change when you flip to the smaller hole? or is it just more precise because of the smaller hole?
    It's more precise with the smaller hole. Elevation does not change at all. You're suppose to sight the irons in with the small hole

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Sponsored Links