yet another project!!

This is a discussion on yet another project!! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Cool, never heard of it (new one to learn). Sorry for the hijack, and good luck!...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: yet another project!!

Cool, never heard of it (new one to learn). Sorry for the hijack, and good luck!
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array bigo5552000's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    Cool, never heard of it (new one to learn). Sorry for the hijack, and good luck!
    no problem! its and easy program to learn fairly powerful mainly used for engineering! i prefer NX its not quite as user friendly but vastly more powerful!!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

In my engineering field (structural engineer) SDS/2 is what we use. I'm always "checking out" other products though.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

Quote Originally Posted by yzcrasher View Post
    In my engineering field (structural engineer) SDS/2 is what we use. I'm always "checking out" other products though.
    sweet I am a Mechanical engineering student(senior)!
    "Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius -- and a lot of courage -- to move in the opposite direction."-Einstein

For the trigger linkage I'm picturing a housing that covers the existing trigger - you could have a bar horizontal through the existing trigger guard and rivet through the horizontal bar to parallel linkages that connect to the top of the new trigger (for more leverage). Sounds like a fun project.

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    For the trigger linkage I'm picturing a housing that covers the existing trigger - you could have a bar horizontal through the existing trigger guard and rivet through the horizontal bar to parallel linkages that connect to the top of the new trigger (for more leverage). Sounds like a fun project.
    I was thinking that very thing!

Be careful that you don't have any of this Rube Goldberg trigger mechanism exposed. You don't want to grab the gun and have it go off because you moved the connector bar (the Type 94 should be a cautionary tale here). The only exposed part that should make the gun go bang is the new trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Be careful that you don't have any of this Rube Goldberg trigger mechanism exposed. You don't want to grab the gun and have it go off because you moved the connector bar (the Type 94 should be a cautionary tale here). The only exposed part that should make the gun go bang is the new trigger.
    it will all be covered!

OK guys and gals does anyone have any experience with plastics? I have some mold making experience but I don't have any experience with plastics?? I don't have any clue what materials I should use to make this stock? Is there some sort of plastic I can pour into a mold and let it harden?? Any suggestions would help!
    thanks!

bump for some help guys and gals!!

Hi all, new member.
    Long arm stock looks like a good winter project
    I'm sure you can find your stock blanks here
    Am working on some pistol grips (Taurus PT92) now, using Corian. If they turn out, I'll post pics, if not...trash!

Go for wood man. Otherwise google it - I'm sure there's DIY casting plastic stuff out there - the thing is will it be strong enough for this application?

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by aus71383 View Post
    Go for wood man. Otherwise google it - I'm sure there's DIY casting plastic stuff out there - the thing is will it be strong enough for this application?

Austin
    know clue?? guess i will find out!!

Mo
    How are you going to sight the gun? Most bullpups have insanely tall sights up off the bore. Your face is basically going to be down on the top of the receiver which puts your line of sight about 2 or 3 inches above the bore. Even though it's a shotgun you're not going to be accurate unless you have some type of sighting device.

there will be sights i haven't quite decided how to do them yet..

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links