HD question... need quick answer - Page 2

HD question... need quick answer

This is a discussion on HD question... need quick answer within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In SC you might be going to jail if this guy came over and you defended your family. Why? You are a mutual combatant. Im ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HD question... need quick answer

In SC you might be going to jail if this guy came over and you defended your family.

Why? You are a mutual combatant.

Im not saying this is what will happen since that would be for a court to decide.
    My Music: www.reverbnation.com/dickiefredericks
    New tunes added.
    "The Double Tap Center Mass Boogie. Learn it, know it, love it, shoot it. Good guys should live, bad guys not so much. " - Ted Nugent 09

Distinguished Member Array Rexster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post

Ok now that the above is out of the way: Do what retsupt99 said.
    I investigate a wide range of crimes. My wife investigates deaths, in particular. The OP needs a lawyer, not a forum of mostly anonymous folks, advising him what to do. Where did you get your law degree?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rexster View Post
    Certain key words in your opening post, such as "recently got into it" and "fight," indicate I that I should not give you any advice whatsoever. I don't participate in ongoing fights.

You should have worded this all differently from the start.

Where did you get your law degree?
    I'm just laughing at the fact that you "indicate" to him that you should not give him "any advice whatsoever". The you give him advice only one sentence later. When I choose not to tell someone something I stop typing on the keyboard.

I don't have a law degree, nor do I want one. I'll say good night to you sir.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

When you apply for your CCW permit in FL they'll send you some info on the use of deadly force in self defense. Other resources might be the Florida State website, and asking a lawyer. Personally I would read the laws myself off the state website, then speak with a lawyer and clarify what understanding you gained from reading the laws yourself. MyFlorida.com - Home

Austin

"AVOIDANCE" is primarily your best option unless you have many, many $$$ to pay an attorney to exonerate you in court. Use of force is a "LAST RESORT".

Not trying to be rude with the caps lock, just trying to convey how important those words really are. Others have given good, sage advice already. Good luck.

Number ONE: Know the law before you "game" a scenario in your head that with a little real life prodding(like words with the guy you mentioned)turns into REALITY. Florida ,I believe has the Castle Doctrine, BUT PLEASE know your rights and how the laws are written(and been interpreted in court)before you take action. Common sense says you WILL DO what is necessary if your life or your family's well-being is in danger, BUT OTHERWISE CALL THE COPS!! It prevents alot of problems!! GOOD LUCK and BE SAFE!!!!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links