First AR???

This is a discussion on First AR??? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I am wanting to pick up a nice AR-15 if I can find one for a good price now if not then I will after ...

Thread: First AR???

First AR???

I am wanting to pick up a nice AR-15 if I can find one for a good price now if not then I will after this gun and ammo craze slows down.What would you suggest. Wouldnt mind having a semi auto AR something that can shoot a 5.56 or a 7.62 or even a 308 cheaper the price the better. Not wanting a 2k dollar AR just a nice shooting and home defense gun.

What would you suggest.

Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I have an LMT rifle chambered for 5.56x45. Love the damn thing. However, check these out if you don't mind one chambered in .223 Rem.
    NIB Bushmaster AR-15 .223 $850 IS TOO CHEAP!! - Glock Talk

G19, G23, P2000 (9mm), LMT Defender 2000 (SOPMOD), Colt LE6920, Ruger 10/22

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    I've heard good things about CMMG and DPMS... both can be had for around 1K...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    He sure has a few AR's

556 - AR15
    7.62 X39 - AK47, SKS
    308 - AR10

I would think if you don't care, just get a AK47 and it will work great for what you want,.

Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I've heard good things about CMMG and DPMS... both can be had for around 1K...
    cant you also buy a bushmaster for the same price

Quote:
    Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    I've heard good things about CMMG and DPMS... both can be had for around 1K..

Quote Originally Posted by dbraves8 View Post
    cant you also buy a bushmaster for the same price
    Not sure where this is headed yet. But let me say that I've been wondering why (for a while now) why Bushmaster rifles don't seem to meet the status quo around here statistically speaking. I know of a few threads where it's been discussed, but that was back when firearms costs were at the norm. In my opinion, the Bushmaster rifles are well made, reliable, and the company has excellent customer satisfaction as far as I'm concerned, and I've been upgrading through three of their different models over the years. Does anything beat a Colt in the AR-15 department? I think not...but that's because they've been time tested, revised, and battle proved. Copies....clones......? Good...better...best? You know the best way to judge quality? It's what quality means to you. How many times have you let your wallet drive your car?

RRA entry level should do the trick.
    "In America, freedom and justice have always come from the ballot box, the jury box, and when that fails, the cartridge box."
    -- Steve Symms, US Senator from Idaho, 1990

+1 another vote for LMT best value for the price. Long wait though. Any major manufacturer should shoot fine.

Austin

Quote Originally Posted by TucAzRider View Post
    7.62 X39 - AK47
    The AK-47 was one of the first true assault rifles and, due to its durability, low production cost and ease of use, the weapon and its numerous variants remain the most widely used assault rifles in the world.

Links