Kel-tec Sub2k problems!

This is a discussion on Kel-tec Sub2k problems! within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Hey guys, I picked up a new Sub-2000 (Glock 17 model) about 2 months ago but fired it for the first time this past weekend. ...

Thread: Kel-tec Sub2k problems!

Kel-tec Sub2k problems!

Hey guys,
    I picked up a new Sub-2000 (Glock 17 model) about 2 months ago but fired it for the first time this past weekend. I know, owning a new gun for two months before pulling the trigger really should be a sin! Anyway, the rifle wouldn't "cock", it would feed, extract and eject but the trigger wouldn't engage. After releasing the bolt prob. 10-12 times it finally cock and I was able to fire the rifle. I finished the first magazine, inserted the 2nd and continued firing. I thought maybe it was me (?) and not the gun. After firing a few other other guns I went back to the Sub and the problem started all over. Any ideas on what could be causing this? I bet I'm about to experience the hassels of sending a gun back to its maker. Thanks in advance for any help or ideas.

2. Remove Ads

I bet I'm about to experience the hassels of sending a gun back to its maker.

I'll bet you are too.

I'm sorry to hear about that, but I don't expect a $300 Rifle to be a dependable life saver, just a "fun" toy. I have one, but it in no way fits in to my defensive plans.

Let us know how the manufacturer is to deal with. I hear they are alright.

Biker

Check out KTOG.Org - Kel-Tec Owners Group, the guys there are very helpful and there's a ton of info on the SUB-2000 and all of the other Kel-tec guns. If you do have to send it back to Kel-tec you can expect excellent customer service and a no questions asked warranty.

I recently traded away a 9mm SUB-2000. It was a great little gun, very reliable and very accurate. I often carried it my gear bag when on patrol. I had no trouble qualifying with it on our patrol rifle course and it had proven itself trustworthy.

Good luck. I had similar problems with mine. I bought one years ago and the first response from support when I called was to send me a little metal clip that Iwas supposed to attach to the ejection port and to use +P amm...yeah that'll help...NOT! Next response was to send it back for inspection and repair. Did so and it worked ...for about 2 weeks. Next response was to send it back again....at this point I was pretty fed up, but I didn't want to sell it to some other poor schmuck so... I killed it...permanently. It's amazing what a little thermite can do.

Now, to show how STUPID I am, since they were cheap and all...I went out and bought another one about a year later thinking...they've got to have all the bugs worked out by now...nope...FUBAR!

One has to think...if it's really that cheap and it's such a great deal...what corners got cut? Just saying...
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Links