9mm carbine or sks

This is a discussion on 9mm carbine or sks within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; 9MM for plunking sure, cheap and easy to locate. For a trunk/truck rifle the SKS....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 9mm carbine or sks

9MM for plunking sure, cheap and easy to locate.
    For a trunk/truck rifle the SKS.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

2. Remove Ads

just my $.02, but another carbine to consider might be the ruger pc9. i had the opportunity to shoot the .40 cal LE only model(don't ask where it came from ) and it was an amazing firearm. It was a natural point, and there was almost NO felt recoil, imho the sights were very nice and you can just keep pulling the trigger and the bullets go exactly where they are meant. this was the LE model so it had a shorter barrel than usual so i can't speak for the longer civilian model, but im sure it is just as fine a gun.
    Guns don't kill people, Husbands that come home early kill people.

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. orange
    just my $.02, but another carbine to consider might be the ruger pc9. i had the opportunity to shoot the .40 cal LE only model(don't ask where it came from ) and it was an amazing firearm. It was a natural point, and there was almost NO felt recoil, imho the sights were very nice and you can just keep pulling the trigger and the bullets go exactly where they are meant. this was the LE model so it had a shorter barrel than usual so i can't speak for the longer civilian model, but im sure it is just as fine a gun.
    I like the Ruger, but the thing that makes the kt sub 2000 9mm attractive, to me, is that if you carry a Sig, Glock, or Beretta, you can get a kt sub 2000 version that uses your carry gun mags. While I'm sure the Ruger PC9 is a good gun, maybe better, it doesn't allow you to match mags with your carry gun unless it's a Ruger - which is a good gun to carry also.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangle
    I like the Ruger, but the thing that makes the kt sub 2000 9mm attractive, to me, is that if you carry a Sig, Glock, or Beretta, you can get a kt sub 2000 version that uses your carry gun mags. While I'm sure the Ruger PC9 is a good gun, maybe better, it doesn't allow you to match mags with your carry gun unless it's a Ruger - which is a good gun to carry also.
    i was thinking that as i was writing the post, but i didn't include it as i was sure you were to notice it. i am not a really big fan of having multiple guns in the same caliber(i see it as having a different gun for a different job, and this applies to calibers as well), i would actually rather have a carbine that takes different mags, though i see it would be very handy in an emergency to not have to look for the correct mags.

well anyways i just saw in a recent magazine(perhaps handgunner?) that kel-tec is releasing a new version of their carbine, and it looked like a very fine piece. I would certainly not mind having one of these.

on another note, has anyone seen the carbine conversion kits, i can't remember the maker, but it is basically a kit where you pistol fits into an upper assembly giving it the range and feel of a carbine?

Senior Moderator

thats it, i wonder how good of a product it really is...

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by mr. orange
    thats it, i wonder how good of a product it really is...
    I've heard they're pretty good, but that's hearsay. I noticed a Mech-Tech weighs 5.65#; a Kel-Tec P2000, 4#; a Beretta Storm 5.6#. That's kind of impressive for the KT.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links