What price?

What price?

This is a discussion on What price? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; What's a good price to sell my WASR ak-47. It has an upgraded front end w/quad rails and a side folding rear stock. I have ...

Thread: What price?

VIP Member

What price?

What's a good price to sell my WASR ak-47. It has an upgraded front end w/quad rails and a side folding rear stock. I have ten mags and about six hundred (and change) rounds of ammo on hand. I want to get the most out of it without scaring away bidders. Where do I start it at, and what should I take for it? Do I sell it all together or split it up?

I want to get an AR for competition and my wife would kill me if I didn't sell something.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

VIP Member
    Guns are for buying not selling.
    Tell the good Lady that the value will only go up. The best invesment these days.

VIP Member
    Cmon guys 75 people have looked and only one (non) answer.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Check on gunbroker and other forums buy/sell sections to get a good price. You can see what others went for and what they currently are going for.
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Well, I recently bought a WASR and paid $400 for it and 3 mags. No ammo was included, although we had a real nice time during the test drive before I paid for it.

I can buy ammo for $350 or so for 1k rounds. I recently bought a replacement mag at The Bullet Trap for $30 to 35.

So I'd say $450 for the rifle and then $25 or so for each mag and $125 for the ammo and you should be set.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

I would say $500 on low end and $800 on the higher end. Good luck.
    “The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.”.... Albert Einstein

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ!

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    What's a good price to sell my WASR ak-47. It has an upgraded front end w/quad rails and a side folding rear stock. I have ten mags and about six hundred (and change) rounds of ammo on hand. I want to get the most out of it without scaring away bidders. Where do I start it at, and what should I take for it? Do I sell it all together or split it up?

I want to get an AR for competition and my wife would kill me if I didn't sell something.
    • Rear stock- $60
    • Fore rail- if UTG or similar, add maybe $20
    • Ammo- Check locally, and go maybe $2/box less than retail. Probably $8-10/box.
    • Mags- They've been coming down, so I would probably sell at $14/ea, unless you paid more.
    • Rifle- as indicated, $500-800, depending on local prices.

If you don't need the maximum dollar for your stuff, obviously you're better off, and still (probably) able to sell for a decent profit. If you're looking at a $2000+ Wilson Comp, you won't have nearly as much joy in the interaction...

I saw an MAK-90 for sale in the local paper today for $625. I don't guess that helps much does it?

I would say $100 for the lot.......and I'll be the first in line.

honestly I have no idea.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    Well, if I get $800 for it all I'll be happy.

$800 seems a bit high. You can buy one many places and on the internet for around $500 or so, even with shipping and transfer.
    "If we loose Freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the Last Place on Earth!" Ronald Reagan

I'd say $700. Thinking $450 for the rifle, $100 for the mags, and $150 for the ammo.

Prices on all of the above are now dropping. Ammo (wolf) just recently dropped from $330 a case to $300 a case over at J&GSales.com. WASR's are starting at $450 now, and the prices on all AK mags are dropping too.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

VIP Member
    OK 700 then. :) Anyone interested before I post it on gunbroker?

Sponsored Links