Defensive Carry banner

.22lr rifle suggestions...

4K views 37 replies 33 participants last post by  gregarat 
#1 ·
I want to get a nice .22 rifle for the collection. I haven't been in the market for one in a while and would like some suggestions as to which direction I should be looking.

I think I want a bolt action with a nice trigger but if there are semi-auto models that have similar accuracy, features and price point I would consider that too. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

~Siafu

#34 ·
IMO there are certain 22's you must have.

A Cowboy Revolver (Ruger Single six)
A (Henry) lever action
A good Bolt action (CZ-452)
and any old 10/22

You can get them in any order you want :danceban:

#36 ·
My 22...

I've had real good luck with my Marlin Model 80C (circa 1960)...chambered in 22 short, long, and long rifle. Iron sighted bolt action 7 round detachable magazine.

Here's a good story...bought it at a Shamokin, PA flea market on a Sunday, waiting for the rifle range to open after breakfast...it was sitting in a rack with a couple of Daisy air rifles and a toy rifle. Looked at it, looked at the guy, asked him how much, he says $125...I tell him I got $100 even...he says sold. We never even discussed that it was a real rifle.

God, I love America !!

#37 ·
Marlin 880 SQ

I have a few .22 rifles, not sure how many. I have Marlin 60, Iver Johnson M1 carbine, some model of winchester, an old mossberg, and some others. I don't have a Savage or a 10/22 or a Kimber, but the most accurate one I have is the Marlin 880 SQ. It's far more accurate than I am. My dad refers to it as "the tack driver." I'd recommend it to anyone. I just wish it was stainless. This isn't my picture, but they all look the same.

#38 ·
The suggestion itschuck made. About to vuisiting rimfirecentral.com, is good. You will find alot more info their.

I bought a Savage Mark II GL, lastyear. I average 1" grps (give or take) at 50y. Thats with bulk High Velocity ammo. I haven't even tried good ammo, yet.
Ive used it more as a garden helper, than at the range.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.