Colt or no? - Page 2

Colt or no?

This is a discussion on Colt or no? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Thats about the cheeziest post I've ever seen....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Colt or no?

Thats about the cheeziest post I've ever seen.

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    So having standards for a serious use rifle is cheesy? That sir, is ignorant.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I have a Colt CAR Sporter with a light barrel. I paid a premium for it during the Clinton gun ban, but I have never regreted the purchase of it. It has never failed to fire nor has anything ever broke. That little Rampant Colt stamp on the side certainly says it all.

I agree with Mr. Dooley.

There has to be a reason why Colt is used by the military over all the other less exspensive brands like Bushmaster, Olympic Arms and DPMS. Granted, I realize that DEA just awarded a contract to Rock River, but Colt also has a contract with them.

Gee, I wonder why nobody recommends a KelTec rifle for serious use. If anyone with a serious reputation is doing that, I am not aware. I am of the opinion that one should buy the best they can reasonably afford, as it's cheaper in the long run.

Reasonably Afford means you only eat two meals per day instead of three. That includes your family too, as most American kids are too fat.

Biker

Exclamation My "Cheesy" AR...

Well, my "cheesy" Olympic Arms CAR-97 has been rockin' n rollin' since 1998...putting more than 20,800+ rounds ( 2,000+ per year ...YEA, I keep a notebook on each weapon) of lead down range. If it wasn't workin' 100%, I would have sold it by now !!

5.56x45mm / 1:9 twist / 20" barrel...shown w/red dot scope for quick target acquisition, Pachmyer grips, OA 6 position stock

"IT AIN'T EASY...BEING CHEESY !!"

But, if ya want a COLT, get a COLT !!...( I got a few of them too!! )
    Last edited by SHOOTER13; June 26th, 2009 at 04:27 PM.
    SHOOTER13
    ================
    DoD: Peace thru Superior Firepower

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    I have just got back from another window shopping binge.

I looked at so many models.

I have to say at this point so many dealers have told me to get a non colt ( especially when they didnt have any stock ). They told me colts are not as good as the ones they have on their shelves, their proprietary, they are yada yada. I was seeing through the BS.

I did however go to my favorite store in town and he has Colts and I am completely sold on it.

You know especially after reading that huge thread "All you ever need to know about an AR" or whatever it is called and some of the comments here, I have decided that Colt LE 6920 is my buy.

Has all the stringent testing done on it, is fully milspec with a 1/7 rifling, m4 ramps, etc... Its actually chambered 5.56 and not just 223 which so many cheaper rifles have. Im not out to budget buy necessarily. And looking at the average prices across the board what is another 2-300 dollars for a fine fine piece of equipment.

I also think the name counts. And most of all there about 20 in my area between all the gunshops so they have one now and I wont have to wait 9 months to get a rifle. I do certainly appreciate the feedback thus far.

It will also make a hell of a Second Amendment militia ready defense Item in case we need to defend our soil whether it be foreign or domestic. ** OH great I did it now, I spoke about our rights, what if the libs read this. Im going to get targeted as an extreme right winger.. sigh ..
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I am suprised if no one hasnt mentioned it unless I missed it but how about the Smith & Wesson M&P 15X

thnx let me check out that model as well.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

OD*
    Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    I realize that DEA just awarded a contract to Rock River
    Biker
    When was this? The last I knew of was in 2003.

AWARDS - July 4, 2003

DEA-03-C-0030 - Estimated $115,142,537.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Sigarms, Inc., 18 Industrial Drive, Exeter, N. H. 03833

DEA-03-C-0032 - Estimated $85,923,935.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Rock River Arms, Inc., 1042 Cleveland Road, Colona, Il. 61241

DEA-03-C-0031 - Estimated $113,639,340.00
    CARBINE RIFLE
    Colt Defense LLC, PO Box 118, Hartford, Ct. 06141

FBO#0582 | 04-Jul-03 | AWD | 10--Weapons
    "The pistol, learn it well, carry it always ..." ~ Jeff Cooper

"Terrorists: They hated you yesterday, they hate you today, and they will hate you tomorrow. End the cycle of hatred, donít give them a tomorrow."

I was also in the market for an AR and I did a lot of research as you are doing now. I looked at a lot of models and some of them tempted me but i just kept coming back to the Colt LE6920. After looking around in my area, i found that a lot of the gun stores here were expensive, one store had the LE6920 going for $1695 and another going for $1575, then the last stop of the day which was my favorite gun shop, they had them for $1449, so i took the plunge and got one. I cant wait to go and shoot it tomorrow. From what i have read and researched it seems like I have made the right choice. What do you guys think? All I know is im happy with my purchase and thats good enough for me, not to mention the Colt 6920 isnt to shabby either......Good luck on your choice, I would absolutely recommend this gun. Happy shopping.

Im picking mine up this coming Monday. Same model. I will not tell you the price I paid at the request of my Dealer and my customer relationship. His retail price is 1499 though. What will hurt the most is having to buy a freaking 30 dollar box of 5.56 after spending that much on a rifle. I always hate that extra expenditure. Darn why isnt ammo free like welfare for illegals.

Now I have no freaking idea if I want an ACOG or EOTECH/magnification scope combo sigh ...... and then a supressor and then green laser just cause it is freaking cool as heck. If someone contemplates a break in and they get green beamed from my window they may never set foot on my property again and live to keep it a secret haha. Im not out to take a life which is the last thing I would ever want to ask the lord to forgive me for but I sure would like a scary and functional rifle if destiny arrived in a bad way at my doorstep

Which gun S&W M&P 15X for 1075 for colt 6920 for 1275 both NIB or the colt 6940 I like the rail system on it, whats the point of it though. I just like the look can get that gun for 1550

Here's another quality alternative to a Colt. It should hits the street soon and if it's half as good as their "M4" model, it will be a heckuva gun at a great price:

RifleGear - Daniel Defense XV

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

BAC
    Quote Originally Posted by KevinDooley View Post
    Here's another quality alternative to a Colt. It should hits the street soon and if it's half as good as their "M4" model, it will be a heckuva gun at a great price:

RifleGear - Daniel Defense XV

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

LOL - no joke.

Though now that I have 2 stock M4 setups I think I want a Recce build next... I'm thinking a BCM stainless middy barrel really does have my name on it...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links