Sig 556

Sig 556

This is a discussion on Sig 556 within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just saw a post where somebody said that the SIG 556 gives you “All of the functional reliability of an AK with the extreme ...

Thread: Sig 556

Sig 556

I just saw a post where somebody said that the SIG 556 gives you “All of the functional reliability of an AK with the extreme accuracy of an AR”.

My question: What kind of accuracy can be expected from na “out of the box” SIG 556? 1 MOA? 2 MOA? 3 MOA?

I like the way they designed the SIG 556, but for that kind of money I do want both the reliability and reasonable accuracy. By reasonable accuracy, I mean better than 2 MOA (the more accurate the better). I do not ever see myself shooting beyond 300 yards and if the rifle is not able to “ring the bell” at that distance then it is not worth it to me.

Thanks

Administrator
    Sub MOA out of the box after you play with different bullet weights for a while.
    It's just a great rifle. It's basically the IMI Galil Philosophy but, upgraded, lighter and w/ more modern materials.
    With the Galil it was:
    This is a good, fair and honest article for a gunragazine write-up.
    http://www.gunsmagazine.com/Features/0508/Ftr0508.html
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Npy4sjFxRnk

I dont remember numbers but the reviews I've read listed groups comprable to an AR definatley under 2 inches. My AK shoots better than I do and my AR has no reliability problems to speak of so I'm reluctant to buy a sig556. Its best feature as far as I'm concernd is that its new and different.

Sponsored Links