S&W M&P-15 Exploded - Page 4

S&W M&P-15 Exploded

This is a discussion on S&W M&P-15 Exploded within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Man, i can't get through to S&W's customer service for 2 days now.......

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P-15 Exploded

Man, i can't get through to S&W's customer service for 2 days now....

Send Kate a email, I posted her email above. Please keep us updated...

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    Send Kate a email, I posted her email above. Please keep us updated...
    I can't add anything of value here but this guy ^ seems to have gone down this road before...mighty nice of you pass on this info...

Good luck getting this resolved Lee, keep us posted when you can.
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

As I also have a S&W M&P15 I am also keeping an eye on this thread. So sorry this happened and glad you are ok!

I had seen the other thread about the destroyed AR and it was after I had bought ours but before we had taken it out. I was a bit nervous but it was fine.

Hope this is resolved for you ASAP.
    NRA, GOA, GRNC member
    "Both the oligarch and tyrant mistrust the people, and therefore deprive them of arms."
    - Aristotle

I have a M&P15T and am keeping an eye (or two) on this thread as well.

VIP Member
    I opened this thread expecting to see a parts diagram.
    I havenít heard any of the journalists who volunteered to be waterboarded asking to have their fingernails wrenched out with pliers, or electrodes attached to their genitals.

What is:
    "Remington gov ammo. straight out the bandoleer?"

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I opened this thread expecting to see a parts diagram.
    lol +1...I've seen it going for a few days and thought, ah well, I can learn something, I'll take a look at a diagram.

Surprised that OP literally meant 'exploded'!
    HK P2000SK 9mm LEM (EDC, NV CCW)
    FNH Five-Seven USG...um, 5.7 cal
    <><><><><><><><><><><>
    FNH PS90/Mossberg 530 SPX/Mossberg 17 HMR (Tannerite Special, hi Feds )

I've tried for 3 days to get through to S&W's customer service to get a shipping label. They have an endless phone system look that makes it impossible...

Thanks for the contact Puncho I will use it if another angle I'm working falls through.

Just a correction on the 556 ammo... I have 2 ammo cans 1 had 556 and one had 223 ammo in it. When i pulled the box out of the bandoleer yesterday to look at the rounds this is what i was firing.

20 center fire cartridges
    Caliber 223
    55 grain Metal Case Bullets
    Remington arms company, incorporated
    Bridgeport, Conn.

Will post better pics in the next day or 2, looking for my camera charger...

Man that sucks.

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Was probably just a simple fluke in mfg.

I dont think SW does NDT on their rifles as the govt requires on their guns. I only say this because I have not found a reliable source vouching that they do. I got a colt because I knew it was NDT'd. I can still see some of the magnetic particle dye on some of the parts ,even after a deep cleaning, especially the bolt.

NDT means non destructive testing. Stringent quality and control methods.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Administrator
    I stand corrected. Missed that one. .223 only and not .223/5.56

Concerning the 5.45/39mm - I was really only looking at their offerings in 5.56/.223.
    In fact I searched for M&P 5.56 .223.

Concerning the Model M&P15I.
    Good addition though not sure how that one is at all applicable to where this thread has evolved to AKA .5.56 / .223.
    But, if your intention was just to let folks know that I missed two rather than one then...Job Well Done & Kudos. Good addition for members who may possibly be interested.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    I stand corrected. Missed that one. .223 only and not .223/5.56

Concerning the 5.45/39mm - I was really only looking at their offerings in 5.56/.223.
    In fact I searched for M&P 5.56 .223.

Concerning the Model M&P15I.
    Good addition though not sure how that one is at all applicable to where this thread has evolved to AKA .5.56 / .223.
    But, if your intention was just to let folks know that I missed two rather than one then...Job Well Done & Kudos. Good addition for members who may possibly be interested.
    I have to poke a little fun sometime. I figured that you only looked at the .223 and 5.56 area, but the 5.56X39 is an M&P 15 model so I stuck it in too. After first reading the thread I was surprised when I checked and saw that there was an M&P in .223. Doesn't it sort of go against the model name "Military & Police" to have one chambered in a civilian caliber?
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by lee275 View Post
    I've tried for 3 days to get through to S&W's customer service to get a shipping label. They have an endless phone system look that makes it impossible...
    Try to call first thing in the morning if you can. I had to call last week and it took me two days to get through so I know exactly how you feel.

Administrator
    dr_cmg
    "I have to poke a little fun sometime."
    More than understood.
    Fact is I'm running on no sleep & I think when I typed that response it didn't come out exactly the way I had intended it to.
    Here is why.
    I started to get more into commenting on the M&P offering chambered 5.45X39mm (in that above post) and then I had second thoughts about posting it here because I didn't want to sidetrack the thread with my rambling on that.

I would have had then had to go back and delete myself for being off-topic and making the thread stray and going off on a goofy tangent.

So I edited myself and got rid of a full paragraph from my post before I hit "submit" ~ and I can see now (on review) that what text remained "piecemeal" could possibly leave members (and you) with an impression that I was not sincere about you correcting my error on the M&P ".223 Only" offering.
    It would have been clear that I was sincere had I left what I ultimately decided to delete for other reasons.

It was/is important to get that factually correct especially when M&P rifles are in the process of blowing up.
    So...much appreciated addition & good catch.

"After first reading the thread I was surprised when I checked and saw that there was an M&P in .223. Doesn't it sort of go against the model name "Military & Police" to have one chambered in a civilian caliber?"

Yep, it sure does but I think (not certain) that S&W popped that model out for the folks that intend to meticulously hand-load the
    .223 in an attempt to wring out the max possible "one hole wonder" minutia accuracy out of the rifle.

Page 4 of 12 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links