S&W M&P-15 Exploded

This is a discussion on S&W M&P-15 Exploded within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by BAC What the manufacturer stamps on the barrel (or receiver) and what they say on their website don't mean a thing.-B Having ...

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P-15 Exploded

Originally Posted by BAC
    What the manufacturer stamps on the barrel (or receiver) and what they say on their website don't mean a thing.-B
    Having tried product liability cases on other products, I certainly will have to disagree with you, particularly if this was a new firearm and not some customized gunsmith job.

2. Remove Ads

puncho and lee, could you or do u remember what your serial number started with? For instance, mine is SM5XXXX

I have seen this and cringed while reading this, and the other thread about a similar incident. I have a M&P15T with over 4000 rounds through it with zero incidents of any kind. I have fired LC, Federal, S&B, and some other stuff through it but no Wolff. Performed very well and I am very happy with it, but man seeing a similar weapon from the same manufacturer come apart is enough to spook a fella.

Maybe this has been asked and answered already. How hot dose a load have too be to blow a riffle to pieces?
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

i bought a S&W MP15 last year, and have feed it countless rounds of federal american eagle 5.56, it runs better than my bushy as far as no failures ever. i hope it is just a freak thing with one rifle...

I just bought one and I'm real curious as to what the cause was. Seems to me it was the ammo's fault. Thats just my noob opinion though. Whats the status on yours lee?
    Last edited by Sig226GuyNJ; August 17th, 2009 at 12:49 AM.

Distinguished Member Array nutz4utwo's Avatar
    Lee's and Puncho's experiences have turned me off to S&W AR's. Customer service has been poor. We have recent examples of 2 catastrophic failures. Both happened with new rifles. I have not seen any honest data or conclusions that ammo was to fault.

Every firearm system should be robust enough to safely fire commercially available ammo.

my eyesight is worth more then that...

So much for the AR market with manufacturers that haven't been in the AR business long. Snicker.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

I talked to S&W today. The cs dude said they received my rifle about 3 - 4 weeks ago on a Thursday. That Friday they closed for 2 weeks for equipment maintenance. He i should here from them in about another 2 weeks.

Woooooowwwwww......

Quote Originally Posted by Sig226GuyNJ View Post
    puncho and lee, could you or do u remember what your serial number started with? For instance, mine is SM5XXXX
    SM49

Quote Originally Posted by lee275 View Post
    I talked to S&W today. The cs dude said they received my rifle about 3 - 4 weeks ago on a Thursday. That Friday they closed for 2 weeks for equipment maintenance.
    That's BS, who did you talk to?

I'm sorry to hear about your issues with your M&P. I'll make sure to pass it around to all the Coast Guard Bases here in the Tampa/St Pete area. In fact one of the guys in my office wanted to buy an AR and I led him away from the M&P based on this thread. Hopefully S&W reads this and gets the ball rolling a little faster than 2 weeks. That to me is garbage. You listening S&W??

Yea, S&W dropped the ball on these rifles, a have the M&P 15a and the magwell is out of spec.
    P-mags won't lock in but no problems going bang(yet).
    S&W customer service is lacking these days, I hope you get it resolved soon.
    If your S&W would'nt you have someone on the payroll whatching the firearm related forums for problems like this.. I would....
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    That's BS, who did you talk to?
    Some Customer service dude.
    No one there sounds happy on the phone. I really thought to myself, where is your job pride... Jesus... if you're going to work in customer service don't sound like you're pissed off at the world!

Quote Originally Posted by lee275 View Post
    No one there sounds happy on the phone. I really thought to myself, where is your job pride... Jesus... if you're going to work in customer service don't sound like you're pissed off at the world!
    Ask for Kate Fredette if you want to talk to a really miserable person.

Her email. kfredette@smith-wesson.com

Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast

Links