S&W M&P-15 Exploded

This is a discussion on S&W M&P-15 Exploded within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; There are lots of people that read forums and problems like these do make a big impact on decisions for potential customers. Originally, I had ...

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P-15 Exploded

There are lots of people that read forums and problems like these do make a big impact on decisions for potential customers.

Originally, I had looked at an M&P15. I own an M&P9 and several of my friends got one after trying mine. One of them had issues with theirs and it was resolved after two returns to S&W. Since then, I know of many more people that have them and that appeared to be the only one with an issue.

But I ended up passing on the M&P15 after reading some forums. It was fairly new when I was considering it. I read of several people that had issues with the gas system where it would stop operating after the first few rounds. Also, read some cases where it had fired out of battery. This was enough for me to get something else.

I was hoping that they had worked out the kinks by now but it looks like a few rifles may still be getting by. I hope they make things right for the OP because the big plus with S&W is their product warranty. If they take care of the issues, people would still take a chance knowing they are going to be taken care of if they have an issue. But if they fail to take care of the customer - there is a lot of business they will lose. They already lost several people from here after they saw these posts with their customer service not responding.

I'm really glad to hear that no one was hurt. Good luck to the OP on getting this issue resolved. As with others on here, I'm following up to hear of the outcome and how S&W handles this as a concerned current customer.

2. Remove Ads

I almost bought a M&P 15. But went with the Bushmaster instead.

I do have the M&P .45, and haven't had any problems with it.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Good luck brother!! That sucks always wonder whu US military went with FN for there rifles now and not and American company like S&W thats a D@##$ shame... but I guess I see why now Ive put about 60 rounds of Remington throught My Panther no problems.
    "If you want peace, prepare for war." Si vis pacem, para bellum.

Old Paratroopers never die , we just regroup!!
    82nd ABN DIV.. GOD Bless our Troops!!
    Foward Observer 3/505thPIR - A/319thAFAR
    87-91 "Just Cause - Desert Sheild/Storm"

Any more updates?

Quote Originally Posted by TomEgun View Post
    Good luck brother!! That sucks always wonder whu US military went with FN for there rifles now and not and American company like S&W thats a D@##$ shame... but I guess I see why now Ive put about 60 rounds of Remington throught My Panther no problems.
    What's up FO.....
    A Co FIST.. 2/75
    2002-2005

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    Any more updates?
    NOPE... im on the phone with them right this second... freaking lost in there system....

"your call has been forwarded to a voice mail system, however the person at 0 does not subscribe to this service. Your session cannot be continued at this time. Transferring to an attendant. One moment please, your call is being transferred please stay on the line....."

over and over again......

Call back and use Ex 2905
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Any luck?

They are calling it a defective round. and are offering to sell me a new one for $736.09, including shipping......

signed by Pat Frates.

Anyone advice from anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by lee275 View Post
    They are calling it a defective round. and are offering to sell me a new one for $736.09, including shipping......

signed by Pat Frates.

Anyone advice from anyone?
    Link them this thread and explain that is a joke! You could have been harmed and S&W should replace the gun period!

I will NEVER buy any S&W if this is not resolved the "right" way!

Read the entire link below, it covers it all.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...5-problem.html

WOW. I'm so glad that I never purchased S&W and will continue to avoid their products if this is the way they will treat people, when it seems to me that it is evident they may have a defect in their rifles.

I would contact BBB and contact the Attorney General. My wife had an issue with an online book company when they sent her the wrong book for one of her college classes. They didn't want to replace it with the right book. She contacted the Attorney General and it was resolved shortly after.

Just Emailed Kate at S&W. Hope it goes well.

I also posted on my Blog, I'm hoping the spiders pick it up so when people search Smith & Wesson it comes up.

S&W Mp15 Kaboom

Today is the 7th. is there any new word? I also have a MP 15 MOE and now I am worried as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Auxiliaryjohn View Post
    Today is the 7th. is there any new word? I also have a MP 15 MOE and now I am worried as well.
    Nothing.....

Guys please help me out with this.... Please post a link to my blog article about this in any other forums you go to or even on your facebook pages. This is the link

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lee275 View Post
    Nothing.....

Guys please help me out with this.... Please post a link to my blog article about this in any other forums you go to or even on your facebook pages. This is the link
    Lee,

Have you posted on AR-15.com? You might get a lot more traction over there. I don't want to steer you away from DC by any means, but if I can help my fellow man I will.

If you go under the manufacturer locations and post under S&W, I am sure you will get someone to listen. For example I post under the Stag Arms and Spikes Tactical, and those guys will actually answer people.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Links