S&W M&P-15 Exploded

This is a discussion on S&W M&P-15 Exploded within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Quick update, The woman (Kate) over at S&W emailed me. And claimed again. it was my ammo. I replied politely but strongly urged them to ...

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Thread: S&W M&P-15 Exploded

Quick update,
    The woman (Kate) over at S&W emailed me. And claimed again. it was my ammo. I replied politely but strongly urged them to reevaluate there findings.

She called me back and said they will be getting a hold of Remington for me.

Actually starting to look positive.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by lee275 View Post
    She called me back and said they will be getting a hold of Remington for me.

Actually starting to look positive.
    I hate to burst your bubble, but she is just stringing you along. She said all the same things to me, I'm starting to have flash backs to my hell with S&W... Ask her in your next email if you need to contact Paul Pluff directly to get this resolved. That will get her attention...

Quote Originally Posted by puncho View Post
    I hate to burst your bubble, but she is just stringing you along. She said all the same things to me, I'm starting to have flash backs to my hell with S&W... Ask her in your next email if you need to contact Paul Pluff directly to get this resolved. That will get her attention...
    OK I'll keep my guard up. Thanks for the heads up!
    I requested the findings report. Either a hard or digital copy and the incident casing.

Document every aspect and angle of this thing before you send it anywhere! Document the lot number, markings, brand, type, grain, etc on the ammo (to include pictures of the container). Do this in triplicate so you can send the info to Remington and S&W. Get both companies involved and keep them both in the loop if not communicating with each other.

S&W might blame it on the ammo and Remington might blame it on S&W. So be prepared for that. So here's a few questions before you contact them. Don't answer them on the board, just answer them to yourself. Limit your liability!

Just curious, but it looks like the receiver is bowed as well as the dust cover. Is that correct?

1. Did you clean the firearm prior to shooting it?
    2. Did you properly "season"/break-in the barrel per the owner's manual?
    3. Did the discharged round that caused this get extracted/ejected?
    4. If yes to 3, did you retain the extracted/ejected round?
    5. Did you collect ALL brass fired from that lot after the incident occurred? (I certainly hope you did...it's vital!)
    6. Did you examine any other expended brass from that series?
    7. If yes to 6, did you notice any unusual markings, scarring, firing pin impacts, bulges, swells, etc.?
    8. Did you fill out the warranty card and send it in or register it online PRIOR to firing it? (very important, some manufacturers won't honor a warranty if you didn't)
    9. Did you retain your receipts for the firearm and the ammunition?
    10. (and the most important) Have you tried to identify any other S&W 15 owners that have had similar or the same problems?

By the way, get the FFL holder you purchased the rifle from involved. They can usually help pressure a manufacturer into making things right...product fault or not. Don't let them bury the issue...keep it going on your blog. Taurus buries their bad issues and tries to string folks along for weeks on-end, don't let S&W do that to you.

You want to know something.
    I just realized that the rifle came with no user manual. That normal?

I'm going to say no. Have you heard any more updates on it at all?

I just realized that the rifle came with no user manual. That normal?
    Did you look under the foam padding in the case the gun came with?

Mine came without the tool to adjust the front Troy sights. /shrug. My Dad and I fashioned one out of a long bolt.

You guys are gonna love this. A big box retailer in my area had a grand opening tonight. I went there for a Sig but that's another story. While looking at Sigs a S&W rep came over and offered to sell us all ARs at "Cost" I'm an AR guy so I listened. Then I asked him if he would replace it if it exploded at round 27. Let's just say the conversation changed as I told him the issues listed here. I sent him to the forum for pics. His only response was the gun should be replaced. I was never rude but firm in my views of their customer service skills.
    "When you reload in low light encounters, don't put your flashlight in
    your back pocket.. If you light yourself up, you'll look like an angel
    or the tooth fairy...and you're gonna be one of 'em pretty soon."

Clint Smith

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    You guys are gonna love this. A big box retailer in my area had a grand opening tonight. I went there for a Sig but that's another story. While looking at Sigs a S&W rep came over and offered to sell us all ARs at "Cost" I'm an AR guy so I listened. Then I asked him if he would replace it if it exploded at round 27. Let's just say the conversation changed as I told him the issues listed here. I sent him to the forum for pics. His only response was the gun should be replaced. I was never rude but firm in my views of their customer service skills.
    Nice job! It's only a matter of time before they realize how much damage their doing to themselves.
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

wow!

i had small issues with my AR but Charles Daly bent over backward to help and was VERY polite. the gun has been 100% reliable with never a failure in several thousand rounds.

seems S&W customer service is sadly lacking on the comsumer customer service side these days for both long guns and hand guns. by all accounts the LE end is high priority.

i would ask them for an explanation of how they feel the ammo caused the problem and take it up from there with rem./my attorney.

Quote Originally Posted by tapout1003 View Post
    That's awesome...

And no update. She said she would have the report to me in a week and it's been 2.

Well, that seals it for me. Sounds like Colt is the only way I'll go!
    “The Constitution is not an instrument for the government to restrain the people, it is an instrument for the people to restrain the government.”

Patrick Henry
    Quote Originally Posted by UnklFungus
    If it is ok to disarm legal citizens to reduce crime, then doesn't it stand to disband the military to prevent war?

I just emailed Tom Kelly
    Vice President Sales & Marketing - Smith & Wesson

Let's see what he says.....

i introduced myself and let him know that i was a director of online marketing for a large advertising agency in L.A. oh yeah and a Vateran....

I just emailed Tom Kelly
    Vice President Sales & Marketing - Smith & Wesson

Let's see what he says.....

i introduced myself and let him know that i was a director of online marketing for a large advertising agency in L.A. oh yeah and a Vateran....
    I hope you also sent him a link to this page. I'm quite dissapointed in the CS as S&W. Not good

Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 LastLast

Links