New SBR - Page 2

New SBR

This is a discussion on New SBR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; In cop school, it was explained that if you bring the weapon up to engage your sights are on target longer than if you brought ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New SBR

In cop school, it was explained that if you bring the weapon up to engage your sights are on target longer than if you brought the weapon down. It's also safer to keep the muzzle down than up-feet versus heads and it's less likely the barrel will get plugged with debris if the muzzle is down. It's quicker to roll the gun up into your shoulder than it is to push it forward then back to shoulder.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Administrator
    Ya'll been watching to much TV. Going into a hot building or room, you bet your backside my muzzle is looking for a threat, not the ground.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Depends on where you are in the stack. Point man presents weapon forward, others in the stack muzzles down to low ready such as in this photo.

07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Haha.
    Sixto, question came up when watching a SWAT team at the range.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Tubby45 View Post
    Depends on where you are in the stack. Point man presents weapon forward, others in the stack muzzles down to low ready such as in this photo.

Quote Originally Posted by nedrgr21 View Post
    Haha.
    Sixto, question came up when watching a SWAT team at the range.
    That is way old school. If you are being trained that way, I'd seriously would be looking for another school of thought. Maybe SRT will do such silliness, but not a SWAT team. Amateur hour is over, the ground is not a threat.
    "Just blame Sixto"

That's how we were stacked when I was in cop school. Been probably 3-4 years out now.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

VIP Member
    Been putting them through their paces this week. Tons of rounds down range from my team during training, only one malfunction and that was mag related (Beta C-Mag). Today at quals I got a bad mag (they make us use range mags that are in less than stellar shape) and had a bunch of stoppages. When mag was swapped out, it ran like a champ again.

No loss in points on my quals, but we only shoot out to 100m on it, so I didn't expect any issues.

I hadn't been a big fan of sub-16" ARs before, but this thing is growing on me. Used within its design envelope, with the right ammo, this is a lot of firepower in a small, accurate, controllable, maneuverable package.
    Last edited by OPFOR; July 27th, 2009 at 10:06 AM.
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Too bad every man cant afford to make his AR that way....Sad Face. Time you buy the parts and what not and then Big Brother adds his what you owe to him its a lot of bills.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I just wish we could have SBR and SBS in Michigan. Even as an SOT I can't.
    07/02 FFL/SOT since 2006

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links