Defensive Carry banner

I think I am addicted to shotguns!

3K views 23 replies 19 participants last post by  Roland of Gilead 
#1 ·
I currently own two pump shotguns, a Remington 870 and Benelli Super Nova Defense/Tactical. Every time I take them out shooting I get a stupid grin on my face when I blow water filled milk jugs and other things into oblivion! Not only that, shotgun ammo is still easy to come by! Now I am looking at getting a Benelli M3 Super 90 because of its ability to switch between semi auto and pump action. Does Benelli still make this particular shotgun, or am I going to have to hunt down a used one?

Another shotgun on my list is the Stoeger Coach gun in 12 gauge!

For awhile I was addicted to handguns, but now shotguns are quickly becoming my new thing! Is there a 12 step program to ending my new found addiction, or is the only cure more 12 gauge? :blink:

If you must know my use for another shotgun, I have no real use for another one. I know my 870 and Super Nova will work fine, I just want to have another one because I can!

#2 ·
The only thing I am really missing is a shotgun... I'm torn between a Mossberg and a Saiga...

#3 ·
Oh yeah the Saiga is also on my list too, there are drum mags available for them!

#6 ·
#9 ·
Have an 870 Tactical now with Hogue Overmold 12" L.O.P. stock and forend. Love It!! The "poor man's assault 'rifle' "!:smile:

#10 ·
Hey the hardest part is admitting you have a problem.

12 steps for 12 guage! Love it.

1.We admitted we were powerless over shotguns—that our gun safes had become unmanageable.
2.Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity--and we think it might jst be called 10 guage.
8.Made a list of all persons we had harmed, and became willing to make amends to them all.
9.Made direct amends to such people wherever possible, except when to do so would injure them or others.
11.Sought through way to much time on DC.com to improve our conscious contact with our arsenal, praying for more ammo.
12.Having had a spiritual awakening every time we visit the range, we tried to carry this message to antis, and to practice the four laws of proper gun control.

#18 ·
:rofl:

#11 ·
You might want to take up trap or skeet. It's a great shotgun game to help your addiction. I love trap and shoot at least twice weekly.

#12 ·
I didn't think my shotguns were suitable for skeet and trap shooting since they are designed for defensive use.

#21 ·
Oh no... your defensive shotguns are plenty of fun shooting clays. You will learn a lot from doing so too. They might not be a wise choice for serious competition, but for fun day... why not?

I have no problem admitting I'm addicted to shotguns. They always have been my favorite. Probably because I'm an avid upland hunter. I prefer blue and walnut over anything, and don't really care for the Saiga's or things like that.
My defensive shot gun is a 870 P, nice blue and solid walnut. My clays gun is a Beretta 391 Teknys and I have a host of field guns. ( I prefer autos) I just picked up a sweet little 720, havent got out to shoot it yet. I will soon.

#15 ·
I have a matte nickel, Stoeger that I use for Cowboy Action Shooting.
I did some of the work myself, and had a friend that is handy with firearms, do a little polishing, etc. to make the shells kick out better.
They are reasonably priced and pretty good to go as is, unless you are going to shoot competitively.
Mine has the chambers beveled and polished, the auto safety is now a manual, the break open lever spring has been lightened, a few parts polished up a bit, and.....the triggers reversed.
Cool little coach gun!

I have a Mitchell arms 12ga pump that is my H.D. go to.
It has the sweetest action on a pump that I have ever seen.
If you hold it anywhere close to vertical and hit the slide release button, the action snicks right open!
It isn't loose, it is just smooth as snot.
I picked it up years ago at a gun show. I held it up, pushed the button, and the action slid completely open.
I took it home right then and there.
She runs faultlessly.

#17 ·
Every November for years and years we drag out ALL the shotguns and shoot trap with every one of them. This tradition has spread to the inlaws family as well.
You will surprise your self and others on how well your sawed off and rarely used shotguns can really shoot if you let them. It's good for grins and giggles at times.

#22 ·
Be careful with this illness. Addiction can move to infection & then rapidly to, uh...(danged) intervention. Just ask my wife everytime the word Krieghoff or Perazzi pass my lips! :argue:

#23 ·
I understand. Been shooting and modifying an H&R for Turkey Shoots. Got lots of rules and love trying to stay within the parameters and still kick butt. It's beginning to look like you can make an H&R single shot shoot at a Turkey Shoot like a Browning BT99 for way less money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.