Mesa Tactical Stock Kit-Enidine Recoil Buffer..?

This is a discussion on Mesa Tactical Stock Kit-Enidine Recoil Buffer..? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Does anyone have a Mesa Tactical Stock Kit with the Enidine Recoil Buffer? These things sound too good to be true. I'd really like to ...

Thread: Mesa Tactical Stock Kit-Enidine Recoil Buffer..?

Does anyone have a Mesa Tactical Stock Kit with the Enidine Recoil Buffer? These things sound too good to be true. I'd really like to get one for my Mossy 500 if they're as good as advertised. Thanks.

I do, it works, it's expensive but the best recoil reducer I ever found was using low recoil Federal LE rounds.....Huge difference in kick. My little wife can shoot those without any issue at all from a Stoeger Coach gun.
    Attached Images
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Quote Originally Posted by chiefrcd View Post
    I do, it works, it's expensive but the best recoil reducer I ever found was using low recoil Federal LE rounds.....Huge difference in kick. My little wife can shoot those without any issue at all from a Stoeger Coach gun.
    Which one was the best recoil reducer, the Federal LE rounds or the Mesa Tactical Stock Kit? Yes it is expensive, but if it works then it's worth it to me. My favorite round is the Federal 00 magnums, even with the Limbsaver it's a little more kick than I like. Could you please elaborate more on it's performance? Before I spend the money I'd like to know just how good it really works. Thanks.

I purchased a Mossberg 500 with the two barrels, pistol grip and plastic stock. Was going to build me a tactical shotgun. I had a bunch of 3" magnums in all types from #7, 0 buck, 00 buck and slugs. I put the pistol grip on and took it out to the range and fired off a few rounds and it kicked like a mule. I put a sling on it and a green laser. Sighted it in with a bore sighter and then would shoot 25 and 50 yards from the waist, using the sling to push the gun down and away and sighting with the laser. I could put rounds all day inside a 9 inch paper plate...but the kick was still terrible with magnum rounds. I tried it with the standard stock and it just was brutal...so I ordered a Mesa Stock and it took over two months to get it. Mean while I went on line to a number of forums and folks were raving about the Federal Low Recoil rounds so I bought 100 slugs and 50 00 buck. Man, what a difference. I could shoot my Mossberg without dreading the 5th shot....So I was very satisfied with change in ammo....all the while I was secretly hoping that the stock ( which is about 300.00 ) was going to make it shoot like a .410. Well, it finally came in and I got it on and guess what....I didn't notice much difference. My opinion. If you're going to shoot magnums, the stock would make a huge difference, but I was already shooting low recoil shells and honestly there wasn't much difference with or without the stock.
    Have Gun ~ Will Carry
    S-Safety
    M-Motivation
    A-Awareness
    R-Responsibility
    T-Training

Quote Originally Posted by chiefrcd View Post
    I purchased a Mossberg 500 with the two barrels, pistol grip and plastic stock. Was going to build me a tactical shotgun. I had a bunch of 3" magnums in all types from #7, 0 buck, 00 buck and slugs. I put the pistol grip on and took it out to the range and fired off a few rounds and it kicked like a mule. I put a sling on it and a green laser. Sighted it in with a bore sighter and then would shoot 25 and 50 yards from the waist, using the sling to push the gun down and away and sighting with the laser. I could put rounds all day inside a 9 inch paper plate...but the kick was still terrible with magnum rounds. I tried it with the standard stock and it just was brutal...so I ordered a Mesa Stock and it took over two months to get it. Mean while I went on line to a number of forums and folks were raving about the Federal Low Recoil rounds so I bought 100 slugs and 50 00 buck. Man, what a difference. I could shoot my Mossberg without dreading the 5th shot....So I was very satisfied with change in ammo....all the while I was secretly hoping that the stock ( which is about 300.00 ) was going to make it shoot like a .410. Well, it finally came in and I got it on and guess what....I didn't notice much difference. My opinion. If you're going to shoot magnums, the stock would make a huge difference, but I was already shooting low recoil shells and honestly there wasn't much difference with or without the stock.
    Thanks for clearing that up. Have you shot any magnums after putting on the Mesa Stock, to find out what a difference it made with them?

Take a look at the Knoxx Recoil Reducing stock. At about a $100.00 bucks
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    The price is real good. Do you have one on your gun? I'd like to get some feed back from anyone using one as to their performance.

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    I took a good look at the Knoxx Specops Recoil Reducer Stock. Was $ 119.00 at Cabela's, ordered mine today. Thanks!

I have the Knoxx on my Mossberg and I absolutely love it. I have been nothing but thrilled with it. I have noticed that I got a little bit of cheek slap when shooting clays with it, however clays really aren't what its main task is. ;)

I was very skeptical of its ability to reduce recoil, until I bought one and tried it out. Amazing difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Texaspaul View Post
    I have the Knoxx on my Mossberg and I absolutely love it. I have been nothing but thrilled with it. I have noticed that I got a little bit of cheek slap when shooting clays with it, however clays really aren't what its main task is. ;)

I was very skeptical of its ability to reduce recoil, until I bought one and tried it out. Amazing difference.
    That's the kind of reply I like to hear.

Sponsored Links