How do I make my shottie look cool? - Page 4

How do I make my shottie look cool?

This is a discussion on How do I make my shottie look cool? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I would recommend the blackhawk specops stock, blackhawk powerpak, heatshield, surefire forend, and the LPA sites like on the Mossy SPX...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    I would recommend the blackhawk specops stock, blackhawk powerpak, heatshield, surefire forend, and the LPA sites like on the Mossy SPX

And 18.5 inch barrel

A couple of my shotties.

The knox on the defender was more practical even though I think it looks cool (the reduction of recoil was very noticeable and I like the shorter LOP even better), still need a light set up and a XD big dot for the front bead (cool looking stuff but again, practical). The Saiga…well let just say it is fun and tacticool.
    Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by Bart View Post
    How do you stay ready with a trigger lock?
    That pic was taken at a friends house that has no safe. When at home and on duty, no trigger lock is used.
    IF YOU STAY READY, YOU AIN'T GOT TO GET READY

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by zero View Post
    The knox on the defender was more practical even though I think it looks cool (the reduction of recoil was very noticeable and I like the shorter LOP even better), still need a light set up and a XD big dot for the front bead (cool looking stuff but again, practical). The Saiga…well let just say it is fun and tacticool.
    What foregrip os that on your Saiga?

I don't have my HD shotgun confused with any part of my anatomy nor is it a coversation starter to hang on the wall. It is my Life Insurance Policy!

Mossberg 500A , Hogue overmold stock and fore-end, LimbSaver recoil pad and a Meprolight Trijicon bead. Nothing to catch on blankets or my bathrobe and I can see the front of the gun in the dark. It shoots like a 20 gauge with birdshot when I am firing 2 3/4" Buck. It swings easy within the confines of the house (I practice regularly moving through the house.) and I have 25 more shells in the bandolier I sling over my shoulder. If you want look cool, go Tacticool. If you want to stay alive, start rethinking what you need for a HD Gun.

I am thinking of picking up a 590 just for grins and chuckles, but it has too much gingerbread sticking out to snag on things for me to use it as "bedside gun." It will be a nice for range shooting, but not to be taken too seriously! The longer you are around shotguns the more you will realize that "slick and smooth" is best for HD.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i want one i have plenty of shotties but none that are pimped lol
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post
    I don't have my HD shotgun confused with any part of my anatomy nor is it a coversation starter to hang on the wall. It is my Life Insurance Policy!

Mossberg 500A , Hogue overmold stock and fore-end, LimbSaver recoil pad and a Meprolight Trijicon bead. Nothing to catch on blankets or my bathrobe and I can see the front of the gun in the dark. It shoots like a 20 gauge with birdshot when I am firing 2 3/4" Buck. It swings easy within the confines of the house (I practice regularly moving through the house.) and I have 25 more shells in the bandolier I sling over my shoulder. If you want look cool, go Tacticool. If you want to stay alive, start rethinking what you need for a HD Gun.

I am thinking of picking up a 590 just for grins and chuckles, but it has too much gingerbread sticking out to snag on things for me to use it as "bedside gun." It will be a nice for range shooting, but not to be taken too seriously! The longer you are around shotguns the more you will realize that "slick and smooth" is best for HD.
    Is this a NFA weapon or has the camera captured an optical illusion?

I want a shortie-shottie so badly.
    2nd Amendment: because personal violence never makes an appointment.
    Evil resides in the heart of the individual, not in inanimate objects.
    Proud Member of GeorgiaCarry.Org

18 1/2" stock Mossberg barrel. I think the camera angle makes it look shorter.
    Retired Marine, Retired School Teacher, Independent voter, Goldwater Conservative.

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pro2A View Post
    Anyone have any pointers on how to give my shottie a bad *** look and feel to it? I've already ordered the 18.5' barrel [...]
    Just a thought here, but with that 18.5 foot barrel you are going to put on it, I don't think anybody is going to notice a barrel shroud, stock, light, laser, attached minigun, or the bevy of Hooter's girls carrying your dump pouch.

Forget a collapsible stock---you need a bolted-in bipod, a stack of sand bags, and a concrete pillbox to hold that. And if that barrel has a matching mag tube, I think the side-saddle is just plain overkill!

(Sorry---I couldn't help myself. )
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

#1, stop calling it a "shottie".

How do I make my shottie look cool?
    Though this perhaps isn't what you were looking for ...

Anything that helps a shotgun be more reliable and more effective when the chips are down is "cool," in my book. Anything that takes away from either of those two things is the opposite. The look will change as a byproduct of the improvements. Done in this way, K.I.S.S. ends up looking pretty cool to me.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by wjh2657 View Post

Dude,

Your shotty setup is nicer then your bed! Got to love that! haha JK
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Sunglasses.
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

Take a picture with that gal from Team Glock holding it!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links