New AR

This is a discussion on New AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by PaulG Last year, after being a confirmed 1911 guy for quite a while, I converted to Glock with the purchase of a ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New AR

Senior Member Array mr surveyor's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulG View Post
    Last year, after being a confirmed 1911 guy for quite a while, I converted to Glock with the purchase of a Glock 19 (love that gun, by the way).

Now (in my best James Earl Jones imitation) my journey to the dark side is complete.

I have just acquired my first AR-15 - a Rock River LAR-15 to be exact.

It's a basic AR-15 without any bells or whistles. I figure that I will leave it that way except I do plan to add an Eotech sight in the near future.

I would post pictures but I am technologically challenged. I guess I should have purchased a digital camera, too!!

My brother came up for a visit and a combatives class and we went to Virginia Arms where we picked up matching LAR-15's (ain't that sweet?).

The best part is that HE PAID FOR MINE!!!!! I think as big brothers go, he is about the best!

would your family possibly be interested adopting in a gray, slightly balding 56 year old baby brother?

surv

ps I am potty trained already

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by mr surveyor View Post
    would your family possibly be interested adopting in a gray, slightly balding 56 year old baby brother?

surv

ps I am potty trained already
    Well . . . it's kinda like this: when my daughter was little, she asked why we never got her a little brother or sister. I told her that we only had a certain amount of money to spend on her for clothes, toys, etc.

If we got her a little brother or sister, she would get all this stuff cut in half.

She thought about it and then said, "that's OK, I have a lot of friends, I don't need a brother or sister."

So, if we adopt you, there will be that much less for me.

So . . . . . NO!!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Grats on the EBR!!!

I was plinking orange clays from over 150 yards iron sights on my little 16" Colt LE6920. Never let anyone tell you this is not one hell of an accurate weapon.

I guess now I deserve to mod my carbine since I have been shooting AR based weapons in the military for years. More so than a standard military person due to my line of work.

No matter how much you thought you knew about a m16 m4 etc... you will quickly learn how much you didnt know now that you own one and want to mod and lean the intricacies of the weapon system.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    congrats on the ar
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

Quote Originally Posted by MP45Man View Post
    Thanks, I'm stopping at a gun shop I frequent when I'm visiting a vendor I do business with tomorrow. Hopefully, they will have something.
    Stopped in today and they had quite a bit of AR15s from different manufacturers. Most of them were at the lower end of the quality scale (at least based on my research). They did have on Colt there on consignment for $1500. It seemed a little steep. I've got to visit some other shops and keep on reading. The search continues.

Money well spent!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Any of you guys that are looking for a quality AR at a good price - check out G&R Tactical for both the Daniel Defense and BCM rifles. Great guns at great prices!
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

First the Glock, and now an AR15? Moo-oo-vin on up....to all the black stuff huh? Black is beautiful. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's the dark side. Just the darker side. So who's side are you on anyway? Congrats on your new AR15! Have fun, and be safe!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    First the Glock, and now an AR15? Moo-oo-vin on up....to all the black stuff huh? Black is beautiful. It doesn't necessarily mean that it's the dark side. Just the darker side. So who's side are you on anyway? Congrats on your new AR15! Have fun, and be safe!
    I used the "dark side" analogy because when I first mentioned buying a Glock, someone posted "welcome to the dark side".

I was also told that they had cookies on the dark side and as a foodaholic, that appealed to me.

By the way, my Kimber is actually darker than my Glock.

On the other hand, my AK has wood furniture so my AR is definitely the dark side. While I still like my AK, shooting the AR is SWEEEEEEEET!!!
    fortiter in re, suaviter in modo (resolutely in action, gently in manner).

Question

I was on the PAFAO site and a guy posted there that the M&P 15 is made by Stagarms. Therefor, buy a Stagarms and save some money. Anybody know it that is true? Also, how does one explain the discrepancy on the attached sheet?M4 CHART

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links