AR-15 Recommendations and why? - Page 6

AR-15 Recommendations and why?

This is a discussion on AR-15 Recommendations and why? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by eBandit I was at the gun show today and has anyone ever heard from or bought any kits from M&A Parts Inc. ...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast
    VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by eBandit View Post
    I was at the gun show today and has anyone ever heard from or bought any kits from M&A Parts Inc. AR15 Parts, M16 Parts, Assault Rifles, Tactical Gear M&A Parts, Inc.
    Nope never hear of them at all.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    I was at the gun show today and has anyone ever heard from or bought any kits from M&A Parts Inc. AR15 Parts, M16 Parts, Assault Rifles, Tactical Gear M&A Parts, Inc.
    From what I have heard they are owned by the same people who own Model 1 Sales - which I haven't heard much good about...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

I have been asking around on various places and have heard several say it isnt a good place to buy from but then I also have had some say they are GTG and havnt had any issues with thier kits or uppers.

I was looking at a rifle kit (everything but the stripped lower) and the gun show today that was from them. They had them with m4 feedramps, collapsible stock etc. for $500 in mid-length, carbine and m4 for I think $545. They had some with chromed barrel also and a couple with stainless barrels for a little more. most were 1/9 twist but I seen at least one that was 1/7. most were flat top upper which is what I prefer.

I just didn't want to think I'm saving money buying this kit and then end up with junk. They said they have some that are assembled by LMT (others by RRA and another place- sabre or daneil defense forget which). But none of the parts ore from LMT etc. only assembled by them and are supposed to be milspec parts made by military contractors.

Quote Originally Posted by Chevy-SS View Post
    If you don't mind, what did you end up paying for your DDM4? I see the price at the web site (pic below). Did you get some off that price?

-
    Sorry for the super late response, LOL. I forgot about this thread.
    I paid $1495.00 at a local dealer.

It is a major tack driver. I am totally impressed with this rifle. Most people at the range commented on how light it was. (many commented on how they didn't like the extended rail, but after they handled it, they were converted, haha)

After I got it zeroed in, I was picking off 2-liter soda bottle caps and golf balls at 50 yards on the iron sights. Way too much fun! =)

Still waiting on optics...

BAC
    I've been fighting the whole extended rail thing, but the more I see it and the more I dry fire my own rifle the more interested I get. I need a cheaper hobby.

How do you like the ACS, TRUST?

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    I've been fighting the whole extended rail thing, but the more I see it and the more I dry fire my own rifle the more interested I get. I need a cheaper hobby.

How do you like the ACS, TRUST?

-B
    The ACS is awesome. The biggest improvement I noticed was the cheek weld. It's really comfortable and fits "just right". Also, absolutely no movement whatsoever in the stock once the friction lock is on. It has a lot of storage in it too. (bottom storage like the UBR and 2 battery compartments) Great looking, form, and function!

Distinguished Member Array tangoseal's Avatar
    Colt hands down.

True 100% milspec, mine survived the desert for a very long time in the service.

Now my civy colt is freaking amazingly accurate, 1/7 nato twist , fires true m193 or nato 5.56, can handle the hottest .223 loads, I have it loaded with hornady self defense in a pmag with 30 rds behind my headboard on 2 home depot hooks.

NIce rifle hell of an accurate iron sight shooter. Reliable as heck.

But keep all AR's extremely well cleaned and lubed like they are at a KY convention. They will love you forever.

*---* Stay with the time tested and battle proven direct gas impingement system or however we spell it these days. Those ram rod new fango'd piston guns are not proven yet as far as I know.
    "I believe that the right of the citizen to keep and bear arms must not be infringed if liberty in America is to survive." - Ronald Reagan

I go a circular from Gander Mountain today and they have M&P 15's on sale with an EoTech 512 for $1399.99 or just the rifle for $999.99. Anybody think this is a good deal?

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    For $1K you could get a DDXV or a BCM M4 or middy... I'd rather have either of those.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Go to this web site and read it all. It's aimed at cops, but I learned more there than anywhere else. All AR's look alike. Decide if you want chrome lined barrels, M-4 feed ramps, staked bolt carrier, MPT parts. Buffer's, etc.

So you want to buy an AR-15, huh? - Police Forums & Law Enforcement Forums @ Officer.com

I bought a Colt 6920, but that's just me. (he actually liked the CMMG)
    I'd like a LMT but it's too pricey.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    I can tell you that I see a ton of OLY's up here in WA. You know what most people say about them? They love them!
    Oly arms is local to me I am big on supporting local companies except microsoft and oly arms. I have read and heard almost nothing but bad about them on the net, from dealers and past oly arms owners. One dealer told me horror stories about the pig sty (his words) the factory is. I did a test called as if I was a customer looking for a replacement barrel for one of their ARs. One of the worst run arounds I have ever experienced.

I was planning on an LWRC but life got in the way and I ended up with a Bushmaster for my first AR. To date it has been flawless, customer support is top notch and it shoots better than I. For now it is more than adequate until I can move up the food chain
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post

Great link, thanks for posting!

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

That link has been around a while now. Good stuff, but if your buying quality hardware then most of what he has put into his ad nauseum rant is going to be present in your rifle in the first place.

It's not like Colt, or LMT or BCM, Noveske, LWRC, POF etc doesn't already MPI and HPT their barrels and BCG groups so there's really no information in that link that wouldn't be knowledge already inherent to long time AR enthusiast and armorers. Staking the castle nuts and gas keys properly is going be inherent in the better named manufacturers. If you purchase an AR/15 today and it doesn't have M4 feedramps and M4 barrel extensions, your probably buying something some crack head put together in his basement. Sorry for the sarcasm.

I found his article to be a tad bit "better than though" considering my 17 year old could have written the same information regarding the AR/15/M16/M4 platorm. But, he's been around me for 17 years and knows more about AR's than most military and police officers.

It's good information for someone who's never laid hands on an AR/15 or M16/M4 platform, but for seasoned professionals, it's like having someone singing into your ear that it's a "semi auto, gas operated, aircooled, rifle" Yeah, no kidding ?

I also found his overwhelming love of CMMG a bit on the naive side. But, that just me.
    Perhaps your sole purpose in life is to serve as a warning to others.

You can do that, they must have ordered a rifle kit and then also added a stripped lower to the cart. they sell lowers also, but the rifle kit doesn't come with it by itself.

It says this after the info on the rifle kits: Rifle kit does not include stripped lower.

They are here: Del-Ton, Inc. AR-15 Rifle Kits
    I checked with them. You are correct. They added the lower receiver to the kit (in the cart on ordering). I had never looked at the kit as I already had my lower.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

That is where I picked up my upper, which is an LMT. Love it. No problems.
    "The smallest minority on earth is the individual. Those who deny individual rights cannot claim to be defenders of minorities." - Ayn Rand

NRA Member / Ohio Conceal Carry Instructor
    CHL Holder

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 234567 LastLast

Links