CMMG?

CMMG?

This is a discussion on CMMG? within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Has anyone had any personal experience with CMMG ARs? They seem to be a good deal (about $900 if you buy upper and lower separate). ...

Thread: CMMG?

Question CMMG?

Has anyone had any personal experience with CMMG ARs? They seem to be a good deal (about $900 if you buy upper and lower separate). I was wondering if anyone has had any major problems with their rifles or the company itself. I also was wondering what the wait time is if i order online.`

Thanks, Laxer
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Don't know about the time from order to delivery as I bought my CMMG m4 upper NIB private sale(guy had ordered 3 and only built 2 out). I've been running it off and on for a few months now and haven't had any issues. The lines were all smooth, no jagged edges, everything staked properly, etc...
    I have it on a stag lower and it's a good snug fit with no extra play or anything.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the crap out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

You can build your own gun cheaper,buy a stripped lower for around 100.00,then buy a rifle kit from Delton or Model 1 sales for around 500.00,takes less than an hour to assemble the lowere receiver and it's ready to shoot for about 650.00 total
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Since this is my first AR I would rather not have to build one but maybe I will if I decide to get more than one... Packin what gas system did you get for yours (carbine or midlength) because I've heard that there can be problems with a carbine gas system on a 16" barrel.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety. - Benjamin Franklin

Aren't they located in Missouri? They aren't too far from Columbia. Fayette I think.

If so, they are pretty good. I know someone who has one and I've seen and handled several at their booth at gun shows in the past. I'd own one!

They are experienced machinists and I was told they have a CNC milling machine at their facility. They manufacture nice accessories and parts too.

Here is a very good comparison chart on M4's between the manufacturer's. You will see the CMMG is pretty close to a genuine Colt as compared to a lot of others. M4 Comparison Chart.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    You will see the CMMG is pretty close to a genuine Colt as compared to a lot of others. M4 Comparison Chart.
    With all due respect sir, maybe you referenced the wrong column ? They are miles apart in the quality assurance aspect.

I ordered an 18" stainless upper from them at the end of March and still don't have it. Hope it arrives soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge45 View Post
    With all due respect sir, maybe you referenced the wrong column ? They are miles apart in the quality assurance aspect.
    Yeah... My apologies. I have to be more careful with charts and stuff. Still getting used to my bifocals and computer viewing.

Thanks for catching that.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alfack View Post
    I ordered an 18" stainless upper from them at the end of March and still don't have it. Hope it arrives soon.
    Me, too. I ordered a complete AR and was told it was going to be around December before I get it.

Customer service was outstanding. Lucas spent a lot of time with me customizing my choice. He offered suggestions as to what is a useful accessory, etc, etc, etc.

Just hope it gets here before Mr. O bans them all.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    You can build your own gun cheaper,buy a stripped lower for around 100.00,then buy a rifle kit from Delton or Model 1 sales for around 500.00,takes less than an hour to assemble the lowere receiver and it's ready to shoot for about 650.00 total
    Delton pretty much only deals with heavy barrels though right?
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Ordered an upper LAST July ('08) and waited until FEB. No end in sight, canceled and ordered a Stag lefty. Still took about 4-mos, but I got it.

Very good guns. They've really taken a beating while trying to keep up with the Obama-driven demand. They are a VERY small shop and if they let something slip by in the QA department they WILL make it right. They make smaller quantities of quality gear. They can't be compared to Colt because they don't have a huge factory and hundreds of employees.

Jeff and John are good guys and used to be at every gun show waiting on customers. If you're looking at their stuff, have no fear. They're good people and they make even better products.

I've got a 16" Midlength MedCon and it's my go-to AR.

The biggest complaints I hear from people are the wait times. Well I've been waiting on a Stag upper for 6 months, it's just part of the game. Thank Obama for that. They won't sacrifice quality or customer service for speed of delivery.

As you said, it is pretty reasonably priced to buy the upper and lower seperate. The gain you get with a full rifle is 2 mags, sling, hard case, and a no BS lifetime warranty. That is one of the reasons I bought a CMMG AR: they're close and will fix my gun should something happen to it.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Here is a great primer on AR's from another forum... tons of great info here.

Found this after I bought my AR, and I accidentally bought exactly what this guy recommends... CMMG.
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

My CMMG barrel is great. Shipping took forever though. It was before the election rush too. They blamed it on the chromer taking too long. They warned me of the shipping time when I ordered at least.

It shoots fine. These are of a target shot at 25yd. from a rest sighting in the optic.

http://darkvibe.org/misc/25yd1.jpg

http://darkvibe.org/misc/25yd2.jpg

Links