Hi Point 995 TS 9mm carbine Pros & Cons?: MERGED

Hi Point 995 TS 9mm carbine Pros & Cons?: MERGED

This is a discussion on Hi Point 995 TS 9mm carbine Pros & Cons?: MERGED within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I just saw the new Hi Point 9mm carbine TS or target model at Dunhams Sports, maybe I'm easily impressed but I was "Pitchin Tent" ...

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Question Hi Point 995 TS 9mm carbine Pros & Cons?: MERGED

I just saw the new Hi Point 9mm carbine TS or target model at Dunhams Sports, maybe I'm easily impressed but I was "Pitchin Tent" , after a couple minutes of handling (caressing,fondling etc) it at the firearms counter. They still are a little ruff looking but, I think I might need one. I would appreciate any input on this weapon. Dunhams had a sticker price of $325 on it, but I'm sure it can be had at a better price, and I just happen to have an open slot in my weapon safe
    Attached Images
    "Train Hard & Train Often"

VIP Member
    Dude,

It's high point.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

I have had very good luck with High-point, no problems yet. I own several. But not this one. Let us know.

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Dude,

It's high point.
    Have you EVER shot said high point, I own a 995 carbine and while yes it is rough around the edges. I paid 150 bucks for it and it has never failed to go Bang. The weapon has never tried to be somethig its not. Its a cheap gun meant for those on a budget. In this case the carbine is a cheap weapon that is a accurate and fun plinker/range gun. They are cheap to own and shoot. I have always enjoyed mine.
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

Quote Originally Posted by C hawk Glock View Post
    Dude,

It's high point.
    Yes, this I know, but does it go BANG everytime you squeeze the trigger? I know their not a high quality manufacturer, but neither is Raven, Phoenix, or Cobra, and they've left alot of chalk lines on the pavement over the years, for being "bottom of the barrel" guns.
    But reliability, accuracy, and durability is what I'd like to know.
    I try not to judge a gun by its $ tag, I've seen some expensive pieces of crap, and old $100 surplus rifles that drive tacks.

Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    Have you EVER shot said high point, I own a 995 carbine and while yes it is rough around the edges. I paid 150 bucks for it and it has never failed to go Bang. The weapon has never tried to be somethig its not. Its a cheap gun meant for those on a budget. In this case the carbine is a cheap weapon that is a accurate and fun plinker/range gun. They are cheap to own and shoot. I have always enjoyed mine.
    +1.
    I love mine.
    As you said; Mine has never failed to go bang. I have found some ammo that it doesn't like to feed as well as most, but that can be an issue with any firearm; You just need to know what works reliably and use that.
    It is fun on the range!
    Don't think I could spend $300+ on one tho'!
    This is the law;
    The purpose of fighting is to win.
    There is no possible victory in defense.
    The sword is more important than the shield and skill is more important than either.
    The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental. - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by ImaShepardRU View Post
    +1.
    I love mine.
    As you said; Mine has never failed to go bang. I have found some ammo that it doesn't like to feed as well as most, but that can be an issue with any firearm; You just need to know what works reliably and use that.
    It is fun on the range!
    Don't think I could spend $300+ on one tho'!
    I just saw one on the net for $200, and I haven't checked with the local dealers yet, but $200 is making my Visa twitch

I love mine...It has never jammed in over 5k rounds... IMHO its better then some guns costing 4 times what I paid for it... paid $165 with a hard shell case out the door, and added a $40 red dot and $49 after market stock.

For an urban handgun caliber carbine or even something to take camping...

If I had my druthers, I'd go with a Marlin Camp Carbine in either 9mm or .45 ACP.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by thylordjj View Post

I love mine...It has never jammed in over 5k rounds... IMHO its better then some guns costing 4 times what I paid for it... paid $165 with a hard shell case out the door, and added a $40 red dot and $49 after market stock.
    Well there you go!
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

[QUOTE=thylordjj;1297459]
    I love mine...It has never jammed in over 5k rounds... IMHO its better then some guns costing 4 times what I paid for it... paid $165 with a hard shell case out the door, and added a $40 red dot and $49 after market stock.[/QUOTE

There goes my Visa again. I told my wife its a sickness, and I dont have any control over it, its has to run its course(right to my weapon safe),then she said something about my head and rectum, she is sooo insensitive

Thumbs up

Dude....buy one now and buy another one later. I love my $150 used "classic" model. Shoot the bajeezuz out of it and enjoy. Man you got guts to mention hipoint on a forum. Thumbs up to you!

Quote Originally Posted by thylordjj View Post

My gun could be yours ugly twin sister,the aftermarket stock improves the cosmetics and mine is very accurate,they make great Home defense carbines,not as much over penetration worries like an AR15 or AK and they are very light.The 995 is good value for the money
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dougja View Post
    Dude....buy one now and buy another one later. I love my $150 used "classic" model. Shoot the bajeezuz out of it and enjoy. Man you got guts to mention hipoint on a forum. Thumbs up to you!
    Yea I probably stepped on my (you know what), but that's one of the reasons I joined the Forum, to exchange info and support other CC folks. I just love guns, from the expensive, to the cheap, blued or stainless, I have an appreciation for them all. My Glock 22 is my primary CC, but not because of the name or price tag, but because it does its job everytime, without fail. If the Hi Point Carbine performs as well as you guys have said, its a solid gun in my book.. Thanks for the info, now I'm stoked...

Senior Member Array Shadowsbane's Avatar
    Their carbines are pretty decent, especially considering the price point of all the competition but the Keltec sub2000.

Pistols not so much. Potmetal and direct blowback systems just don't work well in handguns chambered in most defensive calibers.
    Now, we must all fear evil men. But there is another kind of evil which we must fear most, and that is the indifference of good men.

www.Lonelymountainleather.com

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links