Daniel Defense DDXV vs. M4 Carbine - Page 2

Daniel Defense DDXV vs. M4 Carbine

This is a discussion on Daniel Defense DDXV vs. M4 Carbine within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; For what it's worth, folks running vertical grips still advocate putting them as far out as the rail allows. Any long gun, the AR-15 included, ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Daniel Defense DDXV vs. M4 Carbine

BAC
    For what it's worth, folks running vertical grips still advocate putting them as far out as the rail allows. Any long gun, the AR-15 included, handles better when moving target to target if your hand's further toward the muzzle; it's a matter of leverage, plain and simple. Also, Daniel Defense rails are usually pretty light (as in, the rail assembly weighs the same or less than the stock plastic handguard assembly...).

How you 'run' your gun also depends on whether or not you're wearing body armor. If you are, squaring up to the threat is a good idea and will by necessity change your shooting/fighting stance. If you're not...

-B
    RIP, Jeff Dorr: 1964 - July 17, 2009. You will be missed.

Defensive Carry Search Tips

Step 1 - Choose a subforum on right side under "Search in Forum(s)"
    Step 2 - Type general topic of interest in "Search by Keyword" textbox.
    Step 3 - Read results and refine/repeat as necessary.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BAC View Post
    For what it's worth, folks running vertical grips still advocate putting them as far out as the rail allows. Any long gun, the AR-15 included, handles better when moving target to target if your hand's further toward the muzzle; it's a matter of leverage, plain and simple. Also, Daniel Defense rails are usually pretty light (as in, the rail assembly weighs the same or less than the stock plastic handguard assembly...).

How you 'run' your gun also depends on whether or not you're wearing body armor. If you are, squaring up to the threat is a good idea and will by necessity change your shooting/fighting stance. If you're not...

-B
    Some folks running vertical grips put them as far out as the rail allows. I don't, and many people I know who are ex rangers and marines do not either. Neither is right or wrong, I understand the reasons either way. I choose not to be fully extended, if I were shooting another caliber it might be different.
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Thank you to the original poster for posting this topic.....exactly what i was looking for as well and thank you to all the people who have posted and especially the pictures.

This weekend I was at a local gun show and I spied a DD m4 with full rails and just fell in love with it. I can't believe how light it was compared to a M&P AR sitting right next to it.

The $250 gift card is the way to go I'll definitely be purchasing one before December 31st. I personally like the looks of the full rails.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Senior Member Array McPatrickClan's Avatar
    You are welcome! Let me know if you find a good price on one of 'em!

Quote Originally Posted by McPatrickClan View Post
    You are welcome! Let me know if you find a good price on one of 'em!
    thanks man i appreciate it. the guy at the gun show had this DDM4v2 for $1750 with tax and he was going to throw in 3 extra mags with it. I didn't think that was too shabby but I want to buy my DD AR from my local gun guy.

I'm kind of torn on which model to get. I'll be honest it's my first AR style rifle and I don't know which one is the best for me. I'm not really concerned about the price I just want a tough well built mil spec rifle. Which model are you going for and why? Just curious.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links