WOW! Hornady Leverevolution Ammo

This is a discussion on WOW! Hornady Leverevolution Ammo within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I finally broke down and bought some Hornady Leverevolution ammo to try in my 30-30. I have been using the bullets to reload with and ...

Thread: WOW! Hornady Leverevolution Ammo

WOW! Hornady Leverevolution Ammo

I finally broke down and bought some Hornady Leverevolution ammo to try in my 30-30. I have been using the bullets to reload with and they turn in the tightest groups I had ever shot with my ole Marlin 336. (made in 1971, with a cheap Tasco World Class 4 power scope). For the most part the handloads group at 1" or a little under, but I can't get the velocity that Hornady gets with their powder and decided to try some of their factory stuff, strictly for hunting use. So, I sallied forth to the range to get her sighted in 3" high @ 100 yds with this ammo. Here is the result; and I am dumbfounded by the accuracy that it produced.

The first shot was just below dead center, so I adjusted the scope up, the next shot was about 1/2" high, so I cranked her up some more. The next was 3" high, just where I wanted it, albeit 3/8" left of center. So I put two more down range for group. Folks, what you are looking at there is a 3 shot group that is just about 1/4 MOA. I believe this is the best 100 yd group that I have ever shot with any rifle that I own. I guess my Marlin is now the most accurate rifle I have. Hornady has definately made some ammo that it likes.

When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    I just picked up a bunch for my Savage 170 pump 30-30 but haven't shot any yet. That's good to know it's very capable ammo. I wasn't (and still am not) expecting tack driving results out of my ole Savage but hopefully this ammo will help some for shots under 200yds.

Senior Member Array mech1369dlw's Avatar
    Very good ammo. I have one box I have been nursing for over a year. You probably had to give up a kidney to pay for it. I know I did.
    A person is justified in the use of deadly force, if such person reasonably believes deadly force is necessary to prevent imminent death or great bodily harm to such person or a third person.

I'm still in shock.

It's really kinda depressing when I think that I have bolt action rifles with $200 high powered scopes and hours spent handloading custom ammo for them and I can't get them to shoot that tight.

I also shot my bolt action 7mm-08 with a Nikon scope today and could only manage about 1 1/2" groups with it, using factory Remington ammo. (I don't hand load for it yet) It's supposed to be the other way around methinks.

The stuff aint cheap, but it aint real expensive either. I bought this box at Dick's for $19.99. Still have 15 left.
    When you've got 'em by the balls, their hearts & minds will follow. Semper Fi.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Wow, that's amazing. Nothing like a good fit between ammo and gun.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array Wasabi's Avatar
    Natchez had some also for around $19.50/box. I'll checkout my local Dick's to save on shipping.

Administrator
    Nice doggone group. Looks like your rifle found its soulmate ammo.

Links