My new 9mm AR...

This is a discussion on My new 9mm AR... within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Keep us up to date on the shooting of it... I was looking this purchase...... AR15Pro.com: Bushmaster, Model C15 9mm Carbine, 9mm Caliber, Semi-Au...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: My new 9mm AR...

Keep us up to date on the shooting of it... I was looking this purchase......

AR15Pro.com: Bushmaster, Model C15 9mm Carbine, 9mm Caliber, Semi-Au

Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ibesarcasm View Post
    Keep us up to date on the shooting of it... I was looking this purchase......

AR15Pro.com: Bushmaster, Model C15 9mm Carbine, 9mm Caliber, Semi-Au

Similar but the carbon-15 receiver is plastic and the Spikes is forged. Additionally, the upper is forged, which in and of itself is not a bad thing but the Spikes has a billet milled 7071-T6 upper receiver with integrated shell deflector that is also machined into the design, not a clip-on clamshell type. Spikes also accepts Colt mags (Metalform) and I got two, and a Magpul stock and a pretty good ACOG style red dot for less that the price of this Bushy.

Quote Originally Posted by Siafu View Post
    Similar but the carbon-15 receiver is plastic and the Spikes is forged. Additionally, the upper is forged, which in and of itself is not a bad thing but the Spikes has a billet milled 7071-T6 upper receiver with integrated shell deflector that is also machined into the design, not a clip-on clamshell type. Spikes also accepts Colt mags (Metalform) and I got two, and a Magpul stock and a pretty good ACOG style red dot for less that the price of this Bushy.
    good to know! Thanks! It's hard to decide when you cant fondle the two to compare!
    Sarcasm - Just one of the many services I provide!
    Ever wonder why massacres never happen at a gun range??
    You might find me dead in a ditch one day, but I'll be in a pile of brass. - Stolen from Zebra64

Distinguished Member Array Siafu's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ibesarcasm View Post
    good to know! Thanks! It's hard to decide when you cant fondle the two to compare!
    www.spikestactical.com

EAJ
    Spikes is about an hour from us, and popular in this area. Very nice work on your 9mm, and as indicated, much cheaper to shoot then the 5.56mm, which I also own. They're also nice to own if you don’t live near an outdoor range since most indoor ranges allow pistol caliber rifles.

I have Beretta CX4 and Bushmaster Carbon 15 9mm Carbines. I’ve had my “plastic” Bushmaster for more than 3 years and haven’t experienced any issues with it. It’s reliable, accurate and fun to shoot. :)

While those are all quite nice, I went "on the cheap" and bought "the poor man's AR"... I am patiently anticipating the delivery of my Kel-Tec SUB 2000. (I already have a pair of 33-round high-capacity magazines awaiting its arrival!)

Scott

So do you load 9mm rounds with a slower powder for use in these weapons to take advantage of the longer barrel?
    "The 280z, is more like a skittish, half broken bronco, that requires constant attention, challenges your driving ability and will literally ride the driver hard and put him away wet."
    -Hybridz.org

The Colt and other AR rifles can take the (+P) loadings, but are not recommended for use in the Kel-Tec.

Scott

EAJ
    Quote Originally Posted by Datsun40146 View Post
    So do you load 9mm rounds with a slower powder for use in these weapons to take advantage of the longer barrel?
    I'm not set up for reloading, but have found the standard 115gr Winchester white box or Blazer Brass FMJ work quite well.

EAJ
    Quote Originally Posted by gunfan View Post
    While those are all quite nice, I went "on the cheap" and bought "the poor man's AR"... I am patiently anticipating the delivery of my Kel-Tec SUB 2000. (I already have a pair of 33-round high-capacity magazines awaiting its arrival!)

Scott
    They make a great collapsible rifle for trunk carry, and have become popular and harder to find during the last few years. It works out nicely if you also own a GLOCK. I have a few of the 33-rounders for my G19, which makes it interesting to shoot.

VIP Member

Guess I'll throw mine up there...

I'm a big fan of the PCC... Fun as all get out, cheaper to feed, and can certainly get the job done at across-the-hall distances.
    Attached Images
    A man fires a rifle for many years, and he goes to war. And afterward he turns the rifle in at the armory, and he believes he's finished with the rifle. But no matter what else he might do with his hands - love a woman, build a house, change his son's diaper - his hands remember the rifle.

Quote Originally Posted by EAJ View Post
    They make a great collapsible rifle for trunk carry, and have become popular and harder to find during the last few years. It works out nicely if you also own a GLOCK. I have a few of the 33-rounders for my G19, which makes it interesting to shoot.
    I own a Glock Model 20 (shooting my all-time favorite auto pistol round!) The Kel-Tec should prove to be a handy little HD carbine (along with my Model 20 and my Remington 870!)

Scott

Nice Evil Black Rifle, and in 9mm, too!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Can I say one little thing I just can't get over? The skinny mag throws me off! I am just so used to seeing a .223 or 5.56 mag! haha
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links