Looked at shotguns tonight - Page 3

Looked at shotguns tonight

This is a discussion on Looked at shotguns tonight within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Originally Posted by SIXTO I'd rather the profit pay all that for an American worker. But, lets not forget that value means nothing unless their ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looked at shotguns tonight

Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    I'd rather the profit pay all that for an American worker.

But, lets not forget that value means nothing unless their is somebody willing to pay the price.
    I'm not saying don't buy American. I was simply pointing out that your example of value (or lack thereof) in a Chinese product has an equivalent value loss here.
    You're paying for more than the machined parts. Probably less markup in China, otherwise we'd be making everything here.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    I'm not saying don't buy American. I was simply pointing out that your example of value (or lack thereof) in a Chinese product has an equivalent value loss here.
    You're paying for more than the machined parts. Probably less markup in China, otherwise we'd be making everything here.
    I cant argue with you there.
    "Just blame Sixto"

So goes on and on the selling of America. If you buy Chinese I hope you alway have in the back of your mind....I should have went with the 870 or the Mossberg. I like Toyota and Honda too but I wont buy one. I know they are built in America too but the profits go overseas. I do my best to buy American. Pretty soon the Chinese will own everything and there will be no jobs left in America except sales of products made by others.
    Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same.
    Ronald Reagan

About 350 on a P or Wingmaster, about 200 on a express. And I'd rather the profit pay all that for an American worker.
    Where was the CZ you just bought made?

I have had both the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 in 12GA. I liked both of them. They were both good shooting weapons. IMO the 870 was easier to strip and clean. My 500 only had one slide while the Remington had two.
    Illinois Department of Corrections uses the 870. Some of them are well taken care of and some of them have been beaten up. Even the older beaten up 870 goes “BOOM” every time.
    I will probably buy a Mossberg for next turkey season. However, for self defense, I will fill better will the 870.
    Don't do things you don't want to explain to the Paramedics!

Stupidity should be painful.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Rmac58 View Post
    Where was the CZ you just bought made?
    Not China.

It was made in Turkey, by Turk craftsmen making a decent wage. And I still would have rathered I bought an American product, but there was none that fit my wants. In the case of my CZ purchase, I don't think an American company can turn a profit making such an item, no matter the price they put on it. That is why they don't do it.
    Browning makes all nice stuff, but everything is premium. I dont mind paying for that, if it is what I want. Remington makes high end, and low end stuff. I wanted some where in the middle. I just don't think there is a large enough market for a light weight semi auto field in a sub gauge in the US... therefore, its not made in the numbers needed to keep the costs down.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Not China.

It was made in Turkey, by Turk craftsmen making a decent wage.
    Am I wrong? I thought CZ's were made in the Czech Republic.
    My CZ pistols are a beautiful example of machining, and reliable as a steam engine.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Guns and more View Post
    Am I wrong? I thought CZ's were made in the Czech Republic.
    My CZ pistols are a beautiful example of machining, and reliable as a steam engine.
    Their pistols are, but their shotguns are made in Turkey by Huglo. (pronouced HooLoo) CZ does not make their own shotguns, and to my knowledge, never did. They do give the specs to Huglo, and are very tight on the quality control, that is why the CZ's have a very good rep. compared to others that come out of Turkey.
    There were some issues a few years ago with the Huglo semi autos, and CZ simply shut down those models until they weeded out the problems. Only recently have they continued to offer a semi auto shotgun with the CZ name.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Not China.

It was made in Turkey, by Turk craftsmen making a decent wage. And I still would have rathered I bought an American product, but there was none that fit my wants. In the case of my CZ purchase, I don't think an American company can turn a profit making such an item, no matter the price they put on it. That is why they don't do it.
    Browning makes all nice stuff, but everything is premium. I dont mind paying for that, if it is what I want. Remington makes high end, and low end stuff. I wanted some where in the middle. I just don't think there is a large enough market for a light weight semi auto field in a sub gauge in the US... therefore, its not made in the numbers needed to keep the costs down.
    Well, there ya go. I'm also quite fond of the CZ line, at least pistols, I have five.
    The weapons I've bought new include:
    S&W model 60
    CZ P-06
    Saiga .308
    Henry lever
    Mossberg 500 series
    CZ 452

I recently bought a 12 gauge Benelli Super Nova tactical, 18" barrel, 4+1 capacity, 2 3/4, 3 or 3.5 inch shells OK, ghost ring...a very nice pump for $375. I've had it to the range several times now with everything from 00 buck to low recoil #8 and couldn't be happier with the weapon. Easy to disassemble and clean. Darned nice shotgun.

Quote Originally Posted by stevem174 View Post
    I have had both the Remington 870 and the Mossberg 500 in 12GA. I liked both of them...

In interest of fairness, I should say I've got a good buddy who has a 12ga. Mossberg 500, and he's been very happy with it. I've shot it quite a few times myself, and I liked it. The slide release is in a MUCH better location than it is on the 870. It obviously doesn't have the fit and finish of my Wingmaster, the action's not as smooth, and it's a little rattly, but it's not really a fair comparison considering new, it cost a fraction of what my WM cost (very slightly) used. It seems to go bang every time, which is what really counts, and I think the Mossberg guns give you a lot for your money. I can't really speak about the Norinco/Pardner guns because I've never had any experience with them.
    -Posi
    WTB: older model 870 Police Mag. w/ wood stocks and 20" IC RS barrel for reliable truck/camp/HD gun. Can be ugly as long as it's in good mechanical condition. Please PM or E-mail me if you have one for sale: positrack78@yahoo.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DPro.40 View Post
    The 870 is a great Shot Gun. If your looking for more economical try looking at the Mossberg. You wont get a Remington but your not buying Chinese either. The Mossberg has all the Tactical add on feature you may want, extension tubes ect. I would hold the quality of the steel as suspect. I would not buy a weapon made with Brazilian steel either. I'm not trying to be a weapons snob here but as mentioned earlier, you get what you pay for. Safety first.
    Quality of steel as suspect? Ever heard of the Mil-Spec 3443E test?
    Ccccccc what? Ccccccccccc Hawks!

VIP Member
    R870/M500 both g-to-g, but I own the 870.
    Liberty, Property, or Death - Jonathan Gardner's powder horn inscription 1776

Tu ne cede malis, sed contra audentior ito.
    ("Do not give in to evil but proceed ever more boldly against it.")
    -Virgil, Aeneid, vi, 95

Plenty of votes here for the 870. I happen to own a Mossy 590A1 with ghost ring sights and a Knoxx Spec Ops stock. You can't go wrong with either one.

VIP Member
    for the price of the Pardner you can get a Mossberg 500 7+1 capacity for around the same price, options/accessories galore, American made
    I've put over 1000 rounds of bird, buck, slugs through mine and have no hiccups
    another option is to look for a used 870 at gun show, pawn shop, etc
    thats how I found my wingmaster for patrol use
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links