AK 47 bolt carrier polish problem.

This is a discussion on AK 47 bolt carrier polish problem. within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; I was wondering if there is any way to get my bolt carrier whiter but duller at the same time? I want it to be ...

Thread: AK 47 bolt carrier polish problem.

I was wondering if there is any way to get my bolt carrier whiter but duller at the same time? I want it to be whiter without all the shine. So far I've used Naval Jelly to remove the blue(I think that's what it is) and used Flitz to polish it to a nice silver. Any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know where I can pick up replacement AK 47 (WASR10) gas tubes? I think I missed mine up installing the upper hand guard (Mako). I don't have a vise to I had to improvise which cost me greatly (in my opinion atleast). Any help would be appreciated!

bead blast it with fine media,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Mo
    Quote Originally Posted by SensiStar View Post
    I was wondering if there is any way to get my bolt carrier whiter but duller at the same time? I want it to be whiter without all the shine. So far I've used Naval Jelly to remove the blue(I think that's what it is) and used Flitz to polish it to a nice silver. Any help would be appreciated. Also, does anyone know where I can pick up replacement AK 47 (WASR10) gas tubes? I think I missed mine up installing the upper hand guard (Mako). I don't have a vise to I had to improvise which cost me greatly (in my opinion atleast). Any help would be appreciated!
    Yes, bead blast it. You could also jewel it I guess, if you have a drill press.

Handguard tubes can be bought from K-var, or Dinzag, or most gun shows. I've always had good luck changing out upper handguards by grabbing the handguard with the left hand and using a crescent wrench on the flats of the handguard tube to rotate the tube in the handguard 180-degrees. Just make sure you're twisting the right way.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    What dukalmighty said. That will definitely dull the shine and it's already silver colored.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

I might just leave it the way it is. I actually really like color of it :P. Thanks for the help though guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SensiStar View Post
    I might just leave it the way it is. I actually really like color of it :P. Thanks for the help though guys.
    Nope now we told ya how to do it that answer is totally unacceptable...
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Sponsored Links