Defensive Carry banner

Remington 870 Police Magnum

9K views 19 replies 13 participants last post by  PeterCartwright 
#1 ·
Had an appointment in Wisconsin yesterday that provided an opportunity to stop by Gander Mountain. I don't usually find much in the way of bargains there, though occasionally, there's an exception. Yesterday qualifies. I'd been looking for a nice, tight 870 Police "just because".

Gander seems to have a policy of pricing used guns according to category, regardless of condition of the firearm. I found a very nice, walnut stocked 870 Police Magnum for $279 (+tax, of course). After I examined the gun, I discovered that this puppy had led a rather pampered existence, probably safely stored as a duty gun that didn't see much "duty". When I got the gun home and cleaned it up, I found I'd snagged a real treasure. (The gun was VERY dirty--both wood and steel). Maybe I can get some pictures up a bit later.

I snuck out to the range after a brief snow squall this morning to plunk a slug or two through the new toy. This gun has only a raised bead front sight. I began by shooting a Brenneke slug @ 25 yards offhand, then following with a Foster slug from Remington. Both placed .75 cal. holes within a couple inches of my point of aim (the Brenneke a bit below and the Remington a bit above). Then I backed off about 50 yards and repeated the drill...with very similar results. I was frankly, surprised.

Of course, recoil is as one might imagine, but standing offhand, it isn't really punishing. Pretty neat tool. I'm very pleased.:smile:

PC

See less See more
#4 ·
That's about what I paid for my 870 Express! Some folks just seem to stumble into good deals.

#15 ·
I just got a SMOKIN deal on a Mossberg 500 slugster at the gun show in denver. A 500, 24" rifled barrel, ported, thumb hole stock, weaver rail with a 2.5x scope mounted on it!! $208 out the door! Bet it never had but 20-40 rounds through it. I was flippin out! :danceban:
If I think about it, I'll post a pick or two.......

#17 ·
naw..... I gave up hunting now that I can afford to buy meat!! LOL!!
just a home protection device now...... :) It's mama's bedside companion.....
AND I love to shoot slugs out of it for S&G!!

#19 ·
This is my $200 dollar gun show special..... bought it on the second day.....late in the day......I'm suprised it made it that long!!

But it shoots great!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.