Buddy got a Lefty AR

Buddy got a Lefty AR

This is a discussion on Buddy got a Lefty AR within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; So, many of you saw my thread where I got my first AR. I love it by the way. My friend, same one who he ...

Thread: Buddy got a Lefty AR

Buddy got a Lefty AR

So, many of you saw my thread where I got my first AR. I love it by the way.

My friend, same one who he and I changed the Lenny's Sub Shop no carry policy at the store near where we work, just got himself a lefty AR made by Stag. I have seen it, it is a very nice gun. The upper is completely lefty, the exact reverse of mine. The lower however, is the same right hand model except that the safety is on the opposite side.

The big thing that stands out though is, the dust cover on his lefty model flips up. I had never seen nor heard of that and found it very weird. Anyone else seen this? Why would the dust cover flip up on a lefty model instead of down like on every other AR I have ever seen?
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

Senior Member Array High Altitude's Avatar
    Bolt catch/release is in the way if the dust cover flips down.

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    So, many of you saw my thread where I got my first AR. I love it by the way.

My friend, same one who he and I changed the Lenny's Sub Shop no carry policy at the store near where we work, just got himself a lefty AR made by Stag. I have seen it, it is a very nice gun. The upper is completely lefty, the exact reverse of mine. The lower however, is the same right hand model except that the safety is on the opposite side.

The big thing that stands out though is, the dust cover on his lefty model flips up. I had never seen nor heard of that and found it very weird. Anyone else seen this? Why would the dust cover flip up on a lefty model instead of down like on every other AR I have ever seen?

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by High Altitude View Post
    Bolt catch/release is in the way if the dust cover flips down.
    Yup
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

Links