daniel defense ar....opinons/recomendations

This is a discussion on daniel defense ar....opinons/recomendations within the Defensive Rifles & Shotgun Discussion forums, part of the Related Topics category; Helllllloooo everybody I'm currently in the market for an AR-15 rifle. I've looked, held and shot alot of different ones and finally have came down ...

Thread: daniel defense ar....opinons/recomendations

daniel defense ar....opinons/recomendations

Helllllloooo everybody I'm currently in the market for an AR-15 rifle. I've looked, held and shot alot of different ones and finally have came down to 1 brand but 3 choices.

I want a Daniel Defense rifle. I had a chance to hold and feel all three models they're currently selling the DDM4v2, DDXV, and M4 Carbine. I loved the feel of the DDM4v2 rifle. The rails/weight/balance all of it i loved.

Here is where I need a little advice/direction. I haven't ever owned an AR-15 and this will be my first one. Right now till Dec. 31st DD is giving away a $250 coupon if you buy any of their rifles.

So i don't know whether to get the DDM4v2 for $1699.99 or the DDXV for $1199 and then use the $250 coupon and buy a rail guard for it ect. I want the most bang for my buck and I'm not really concerned about the prices I just want the best deal. I don't really know the differences besides the rails between all 3 guns so i don't really know what i need or not need. This gun will primarily be for home defense and range fun, but also my SHTF gun as well.

So what would you do? Why? ect...

As always thanks again guys/gals for your responses!
    Attached Images
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Buy the XV and put the card towards the rail system (by DD of course) that you want... it'll save you cash and there's really no other difference in the rifles...
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

It would be hard for me to not recommend the DDM4v2, although I have seen them for cheaper than $1699. Especially if your going to be adding a rail system anyway at some point. The DDM4 rail system is probably the finest rail system on the market, so why buy anything else? The DD guns are top of line quality and backed by a solid company.
    Paul A. Hotaling
    Grey Group Training, LLC
    Director of Training
    Cell: 757-419-9742
    Email: Training@greygrouptraining.com

ok so i've done my research and talked to a few guys and i came across this deal at Aim Surplus whom i've heard is a great company to deal with.

AIM Daniel Defense M4 Rifle Upgrade Package Daniel Defense M4 Rifle Upgrade Package

I talked to the girlfriend and she's completely cool with it (she knows she'll be getting a nice ring in the spring she's guessing) and for Christmas my parents/brother always give me money so I know I'll get around $400 bucks for that.

This has everything that I want and it comes with the $250 gift card which is awesome. So what do ya'll think?

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

sgb
    That's about as complete a quality package as your going to find.
    "There is a secret pride in every human heart that revolts at tyranny. You may order and drive an individual, but you cannot make him respect you." William Hazlitt (1778 - 1830)

Best Choices for Self Defense Ammunition

I got myself the M4 for 1300 shipped to my FFL. Got it on gunbroker!! Its a great setup and imo the best deal going right now for an AR. The components are all DD and its well made. Plus the 250 gift card is awesome!

Got it from Wandering Traders in Quincy, Illinois

Those are some bad looking dudes! Gratz on your choice!
    Carry-S&W 642
    HD-Remington 870

The Dalai Lama:"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun."

I have been drooling over that setup for a couple of months. Take a look at the DDM4 at GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie. That gun is on sale thru the end of November and they currently have 76 in stock.

Key in your zip code and it should give you a few options of local sources that will take delivery of the gun and transfer it to you. If you haven't used Gun Genie before it is pretty slick. Basically you are buying thru a distributor but your local dealer gets a cut of the action. The fully tricked out DDM4 can be delivered to a handful of local dealers near me for under $1,450 after taxes and all fees. I would be surprised if the same won't hold true for you.

Plus you still get the $250 gift card.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

Quote Originally Posted by tmizzi View Post
    I have been drooling over that setup for a couple of months. Take a look at the DDM4 at GalleryofGuns.com - Gun Genie. That gun is on sale thru the end of November and they currently have 76 in stock.

Key in your zip code and it should give you a few options of local sources that will take delivery of the gun and transfer it to you. If you haven't used Gun Genie before it is pretty slick. Basically you are buying thru a distributor but your local dealer gets a cut of the action. The fully tricked out DDM4 can be delivered to a handful of local dealers near me for under $1,450 after taxes and all fees. I would be surprised if the same won't hold true for you.

Plus you still get the $250 gift card.
    tmizzi thank you for this link! i can't believe i've never ran into this site. it's awesome. it shows $1268 dang......tmizzi i'm glad you showed me this but now i'm wondering what to do....go with this or the AIM Surplus deal i posted earlier.

if i do that math on it and could get the gun for that price and then an EOTech for $400 and a few extra PMAG's for under $1800. So i'm wondering what to do compared to the AIM surplus deal.

what to do what to do...

NRA Member/Supporter

To get apples to apples here you go:
    Package thru Aim Surplus: $1,899

DDM4 thru Gallery of Guns: $1268.00
    4 Magpul Mags with window: $14.66 each or $58.64 for the 4
    Magpul MOE Pistol Grip: $16.92
    Eotech 512: $317.65 (after $30 mail in rebate)

Total package bought seperately: $1,661.21
    Total savings: $237.79

You can get the prices above on the Eotech, and Magpul pistol grip and mags thru BotachTactical.com (make sure to use discount code stimulus for 15% off at checkout).

The only thing I did not consider is the frieght of the stuff from Botach which I am sure is less than $20 and the t-shirt Aim is throwing into the deal. I am sure you can do without the t-shirt for a savings of over $200.

Hope that helps. If you want to send me a check for half of your savings PM me for my address.
    To all you current and former military ... thank you for your service! Let no one forget that the sacrifices you have made allow us the freedoms we enjoy.

To get apples to apples here you go:
    Package thru Aim Surplus: $1,899

DDM4 thru Gallery of Guns: $1268.00
    4 Magpul Mags with window: $16.92 each or $58.64 for the 4
    Magpul MOE Pistol Grip: $16.92
    Eotech 512: $317.65 (after $30 mail in rebate)

Total package bought seperately: $1,661.21
    Total savings: $237.79

You can get the prices above on the Eotech, and Magpul pistol grip and mags thru BotachTactical.com (make sure to use discount code stimulus for 15% off at checkout).

The only thing I did not consider is the frieght of the stuff from Botach which I am sure is less than $20 and the t-shirt Aim is throwing into the deal. I am sure you can do without the t-shirt for a savings of over $200.

Hope that helps. If you want to send me a check for half of your savings PM me for my address.
    haha i'll make sure i send you a daniel defense sticker for all of your troubles. haha.

thanks again for all of your help. when i did the math it makes more sense to go this route and piece it together and get what i want to get. My local gun guy said he'll get it for that price so within the month i'll have it! I'll be sure to post some pics.

NRA Member/Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    haha i'll make sure i send you a daniel defense sticker for all of your troubles. haha.

thanks again for all of your help. when i did the math it makes more sense to go this route and piece it together and get what i want to get. My local gun guy said he'll get it for that price so within the month i'll have it! I'll be sure to post some pics.
    No troubles. Like I said, I have been eyeing that rifle for some time and I check the prices daily. I run to the mailbox every night to see if my tax refund check has arrived so I can blow it on the DD rifle fitted with the Aimpoint Comp M4 and Aimpoint 3x Magnifer.

No troubles. Like I said, I have been eyeing that rifle for some time and I check the prices daily. I run to the mailbox every night to see if my tax refund check has arrived so I can blow it on the DD rifle fitted with the Aimpoint Comp M4 and Aimpoint 3x Magnifer.
    I agree i've had my eye on this rifle for a while as well. When i felt one at a gun show my heart just lept in love for it. That scope combo would be sweet. I just don't/haven't had my hands on many different AR scopes so I think just getting the gun is a great route then i can try out some other combo's.

NRA Member/Supporter

Quote Originally Posted by chrise2004 View Post
    I just don't/haven't had my hands on many different AR scopes so I think just getting the gun is a great route then i can try out some other combo's.
    Agreed. Get the rifle and take your time and figure out how you want to dress it up. That is why I wasn't a fan of the Aim package deal.

I like to make myself a wish list of all things gun related. Do my research and prioritze the purchases. Once the funds become available I am ready to go as the research has already been done. That also gives me time to stay on top of market prices and see who is running the best deals.

Good luck with the rifle and make sure to post your range report.

Agreed. Get the rifle and take your time and figure out how you want to dress it up. That is why I wasn't a fan of the Aim package deal.

I like to make myself a wish list of all things gun related. Do my research and prioritze the purchases. Once the funds become available I am ready to go as the research has already been done. That also gives me time to stay on top of market prices and see who is running the best deals.

Good luck with the rifle and make sure to post your range report.
    Thanks again for all the help. Definitely post some pics up when you get your pretty lady home from the gun shop.

NRA Member/Supporter

Links